Friday, July 21, 2006

Day 8: I am no longer amused by being ill.

Much to the chagrin of everyone who has to put up with me. I believe Mommy suggested that I "offer it up" this morning, and I may have uttered a something a teensy bit blasphemous in my head before responding "No". I am NOT in a good mood.

Brilliant Doctor who thought this was "just a virus that's going around" said that I'm still contagious until everything crusts over (such a lovely visual) and it can take up for four weeks for the scabs to fall off. Oh good. Because bunches of people will feel quite comfortable accepting food and drink mixed by a person with a scabbed over face. Yeah, because nothing perks you up like not getting a paycheck!!!

So now I'm staring at my last two remaining un-scabbed bumps in a desperate attempt to make them scab. It is not working that well.



Also a little teeny bit crazy-ass bored. I read four hundred freakin' pages of The Last Boleyn (which I mix up in my head with The Other Boleyn Girl, probably because they have strikingly similar titles and are also pretty much the same story. Except The Other Boleyn girl was better. If I were Karen Harper I would have slapped Philippa Gregory with one big-ass plagerism suit.) We all know that I loves me some juicy six-hundred page Tudor tomes, but over half of it is even a little bit much for me. Good book, though.

Move over KT Tunstall- I have a new musical obsession. Imladris begged me to listen to Hips Don't Lie, Shakira's latest I-don't-understand-a-word-she's-saying-but-something-makes-me-want-to-DANCE!!!!, much like Whenever, Wherever a couple years ago. So I did, and well, I don't understand a word she's saying, but dammit, I want to DANCE!!!! It is now lovingly in my iPod, where I shall listen to it repeatedly while reading more about the Tudors, who were really just a passle of whores. Every last one of them. (ETA: I am infinately disturbed by the album cover. *shivers*)

Like the icon above? I do. There were also a bunch of slash ones that were freakin' hilarious, but I'm morally opposed to slash so I felt guilty putting them here where impressionable eyes like The Boy's might see them. But they were funny---99 Problems but a bitch ain't one! Or Jack/Barbossa- Ew. HAHAHAHAH! *ahem*

Also spending WAY too much time on the message boards. Okay, I have another problem with these people. They're all so sure that Jack is dead. Now, if they just accepted everything without writing a thousand posts critiquing every little angle, this wouldn't be so annoying. These are the people who would probably believe the world is flat if J.K. Rowling said so on her website which " OMG always tells the truth!!!", but they see Jack Sparrow kinda sorta jump into a fake sea monster's mouth and they're holding internet prayer vigils even though they've all seen the freakin' pictures from the third one!!!! Johnny's still there, folks!!!

Morons.

Another symptom of having way too much time on my hands? I was watching My Fair Brady: We're Getting Married! on VH1 this morning. Oh dear. They were in a group therapy session, which makes some sense because they kind of spend the rest of the show yelling/crying at each other, but the therapist was ONLY talking to them. The three other couples were just kind of like, "Um...yeah...I have trust issues too...oh, did Peter Brady want to say something? Okay..." I would be SO pissed if I paid for group therapy and I had to watch Adrianne Curry cry for three hours.

Oooh, got a new car!!!!! Well, okay, it's ten years old, but it's new to us!!!!!!! And guess what? It has a trunk!!!! I've never had a trunk! I've always had massive cars that just open up in back, but this has a trunk with a little button and everything!!! And it's SOOOO cute! And it kind of stalled when I drove it and I felt really badly until Daddy fixed it. So much fun to drive!!!! Not that I have anywhere to go, but still.

Okay, you know what? Next year, I think Bush just needs to stay home. The G8 has NOT been good for W. Oh, honey. You do NOT try to massage the Germans. Especially when they don't see you coming. I'm actually kind of surprised he didn't get a roundhouse kick to the face, because that woman looks like she means business!!!

2 comments:

Arbiter-117 said...

I read your blog and, um, decided to comment. It was very funny. Especially that Bush link. He should just stay away from the G8.

CMT said...

Oh G-Dub. I still luv ya.

But I think that maybe Condi should have told him that German's don't like to be touched.