Monday, July 17, 2006

Day 4: My Battle with the Plague Eases Slightly

Yes, I ripped off Imladris's title. I don't care. It's my illness.

I've moved past yesterday's Take Me Now God Anything That's Left For Me Cannot Be Worth This mood, which was accompanied by much sighing and nausea, and am now into the Exactly How Much Tylenol Can You Take Without Killing Your Liver Because It Makes Me Feel GREAT!!!!, which is accomanied by less nausea and infinately less sighing. Much to the delight of everyone else around here.

Still wearing the sick person's uniform of jeans and big comfy t-shirts from various universities I have attended/will be attending/was accepted at but can't afford the twenty-three grand they want what the hell, you're the freaking Jesuits, just go hit up some dying guy for his inheritance, he'll give it to you. Oh, and my CSI shirt. Because it's big, comfy, and I love it. Usually I'm looking for clothes that make me look thin or pretty---now the main goal is to have no fabric touch my skin at all. I'd wear a tent if I could fit it through the door.

The swelling in my face has gone down so I no longer disgust myself when I look in the mirror by resembing a puss-infected puffer fish. I am left to believe that the Spinning in the Water pills must actually be working. I know you're all thrilled.


But I'm still freakin' bored, y'all. Been spending mountains of time on the message boards. Which is never healthy, because just any old crazy can find their way to the imdb message boards, and if they have ten minutes to set up an account they can post about anything to their heart's content. Such as the budding geneartion of bondage freaks, the fourteen-year-olds who cannot get enough of the Will being beaten scene and don't understand why maybe there shouldn't be six different threads devoted to it (okay, if you're too young to know what the S and M stand for, you CANNOT be into it, mmmkay, sweetie???), the rabid Jack/Elizabeth shippers (*stabbity**stabbity**stabbity*DIE!!!!), the unbelievable number of "Was it just me, or was Norrington hot in this..." people (no, it's not just you. And the rest of us knew it two weeks ago), and the morons who have nothing better to do than come up with "Who would you do?" threads. (Really? I have to decide between Jack and some random cannibal on that island? Hmmm. Let me think...idiots) I want them all to die. But not until I can see the movie again, because for now they are my only connection.

Speaking of teenage shit angst, just got off the phone with sport-of-the-daygirl179 and apparently her friends are all upset about...well, I'm not exactly sure, really. Even though countless hours have been spent telling explaining who broke up with who and who is being a total bitch and whatever. I got tired of it and suggested she buy them a subscription to a newspaper so they could at least read about real drama.

Like Israel and Lebanon are trying to kill each other. Not like when Clinton actually stood up from his desk for twelve minutes in '98 and we bombed the hell out of Kuwait for some reason, but I think they're really in this baby for the long haul. Neither one will be happy until there is a big hole on the map with a little arrow pointing to it saying "Former Site of .

This crisis is also probably not going to help President Bush's approval ratings.

While also being infinately entertaining, the above link is just another example of how Tony Blair is our bitch. Seriously. Dude CANNOT get a word in edgewise. What follows is just the jist of the conversation, not an actual transcript...

Bush: They should just stop this shit and get along. I do not know why they continue to do all this.

Blair: Oh, I agree, I think we need to...

Bush: I mean give it up already! We're going to kick your ass so leave it alone.

Blair: Right, I...

Bush: You know waht? I think I'll just send Condi over there and hope she comes back alive.

Blair:...

Bush: And it's not like I need this to deal with right now, either! I mean, Laura and I have so much on our hands, just keeping the girls on the straight and narrow and OUT of the bars!!! How is it that your daughter has never been arrested for underage drinking?

Blair: Well, Cherie and I always tried to...

Bush: Maybe I should call Condi. See when she could get over there. She's real good at scaring people, and she might just scare the shit out of those Hezbollah guys. Loved the sweater, by the way.

Blair: *gazing at ceiling* Oh, it is my turn to talk? You're welcome.

Also, who told Tony Dear that pink was a good color? Because they should be fired.

Alas, my icons aren't working and I'm out of current events to comment upon, so I think I shall go scare up some more Tylenol.

3 comments:

CMT said...

HEY. The Will Shirtless Scene is DEFINITELY worth six threads.

Although yes, the creepy hormonal fourteen year olds are very very scary and should go sit in a corner till they can control themselves. That is all different kinds of disturbing. Seriously.


99 problems but a bitch aint one ;)

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Irish Whiskey mixed with lemon, honey and steaming hot water, drank quickly will cure anything. If it doesn't, well at least you are in such a fog that the illness never matters. Once as a youth I purchased a book on folk cures. I consumed about a liter of cider vineager in an attempt to cure my post nasal drip. I threw up a lot and still had post nasal drip.

Racergirl179 said...

I wish you weren't sick! That way I'd be able to hang out with you instead of them! They actually do need to read the newspapers cuz some of them live in this little bubble that they think makes the world revolve around them.

Feel better soon! I need to see Pirates again! And I can't go without you!