Monday, January 08, 2007

And considering you were the one twiddling the finger for the purpose of blackmail, there's a chance you may come off as less than adorable.

*pout* Have to miss Boston Legal this week.

So, Blog Kitties, how are we all doing today? Well, I know how Imladris is doing, because I dropped her off at school at some ungodly hour this morning when I was sporting a hasn't-been-washed-in-awhile ponytail, barely enough mascara to separate my eyes from the rest of my face, and my very best crappy sweatshirt. Very, very good thing I didn't get into an accident. I wouldn't have wanted to talk to anybody.

Even though, as we established last week through no fault of my own, real cops don't look like CBS wants us to think they look. Tragic, really, or I'd be a criminal justice major.

Following in Mickey's footsteps of course, because she was a criminal justice major somewhere between art history (doesn't think it's art if it doesn't have ears on it) and home ec (most of her speed dial options are restaurants).
Anyhoodles, I hope the rest of you are doing well.


Had a fun weekend--- theoretically had a chance to sleep on Saturday, except that I kept waking up and finally gave up and go dressed at eight-thirty. There's not a whole lot to do at eight-thirty on a Saturday. TV Land is running a Wings episode. That's about it.

Had coffee with the Empress and Mommy Dearest. Our regular place was filled with other locals screw them, and we were forced next door to our backup location who's coffee isn't as good but had the advantage of actually having tables. And, as it is January (although a freakishly hot probably global warming induced one at that), a table inside was a plus.

Spent an hour and a half talking about how the Colleen has no life goals and will fail in college and will be all alone OMG. Because apparently her court is all going to out-of-town schools. Having no money or ambition, the Empress is sadly left here with Mary and I. Wait. That came out wrong. On so many levels.

She has decided that maybe social work is for her. Or marrying up. That's my plan. I'm pre-law for a reason.

Then I went ice skating with Mary, Nick, and Steve, and ended up spending more time on my derriere (see? some French took.) than on the skates, even though I actually had my own and didn't have to rent the ugly brown ones. Ick. Mary had Nick pull her around, using absolutely no skills whatsoever so she should not have been laughing so hard when that little girl passed me. *sigh* And they were playing lots and lots of Kelly Clarkson hits. By the third time though Since U Been Gone I was ready to hurt somebody. Maybe that little girl who passed me.

Also now I kind of can't move. My right thigh is bruised to my knee, by arms ache from either pulling people down onto the ground with me or slamming into the railings, and I think my wrist is sprained. Still fun, though.

We finished at Culvers, which is way more my speed than actually doing some sort of activity, and I have discovered that Custardcinos are quite possibly the best things since pumpkin spice lattes. Which is saying something.

Worked all day yesterday. Not fun. Watched Beauty and the Geek at night, at least until the station cut out halfway through and I was very upset. I like that show.

*sigh*
Now I'm back to reality, which is kind of fun too because I have no responsibilities. Except I have to overhaul the bathroom, but we'll get to that in a minute.


Movie Update: Decided to move up a little from the 19th century, and am finishing up I Heart Huckabees, which is quite funny in a way that I kind of don't get but am completely enjoying laughing at the absurdity. Veronica Guerin is up next, which I'm expecting to be less absurdly hilarious. Not that Irish drug lords aren't a good time, but still.

Then we have Shakespeare in Love, featuring the Brother of Fiennes.


Also I NEED TO SEE CHILDREN OF MEN. NOW. Must go this week. Also need to see The Good Shepherd, if only for the chance to see Angelina Jolie trying to be domestic.

Speaking of which, our favorite little home wrecker told Elle that she kinda cares more about Maddox and Zahara because they're damaged. Wow. Saviour Complex much???


So, the bathroom. Daddy finally fixed the shower (the thingy had inexplicably become detached from the wall--it wasn't my fault, that's all I know), and now I have my own bathroom. Sorta. But this will alleviate the "Seriously. When are you going to be FINISHED ALREADY IN THERE???" every morning once school starts. And, I have to say, it's lovely to be able to have a place to put all of my stuff.

This does, however, mean that I actually have to make the shower clean again, though, a state it has rarely seen since, ooh, 2004 when Mom stopped doing it and I discovered that closing the curtain was way easier than scrubbing Imladris's hair junk stuff off the bottom of a tub that no one uses. So I will probably spend the better part of the afternoon doing that. Not looking forward to it. The smell of Comet makes me nauseous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget about the shower! Are Nick and STeve cute?

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Try being the only person attending I Heart Huckabee's who is laughing. Try watching it with your wife on HBO and she looks at you and says "You're weird."

CMT said...

Should we bring our own shackles? We always do.

Hee hee!

ZOMG CHILDREN OF MEN MUST SEE NOW.

mi_morena said...

I'd love to try watching it on HBO, except your brother is cheap and won't buy it for his daughter even though she really really wants it.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.