Wednesday, January 17, 2007

News you can use: The Jolie-Pitts had cereal for breakfast.

Disclaimer: The title is not mine, I got it from Entertainment Weekly.

Okay, so Golden Globes were two days ago, and I was still in a Red Carpet and Baileys-induced celebrity hangover yesterday so I didn't update.

But the craziness has had sufficient time to sink in now, and clearly there is just too much to say. It was a fantastic night right from Angelina's silent put-down to Ryan Seacrest and- I think- anyone else who dared look her directly in the eyes during the evening. Seriously. Girl scared me. She was having none of that.


Meanwhile, I've realized that while I love all things award shows, including the insipid pre-show interviews, I really, really, really hate the interviewers and want them all to go die in a corner. They are all really, really stupid. They obviously have a set of questions that they ask anyone no matter what gender/history/spouse/project they are affiliated with/hideous dress they happend to be/wearing. So when you ask America Ferrera how she felt about everyone who didn't want her to play the part, and I'm pretty sure no one ever said anything like that, this poses a problem. They only talk to annoying boring people, like I really, really don't need to hear what That Guy Who's On a Show I've Never Heard Of has to say.

And then, if they manage to land someone funny, like Steve Carrell or Rainn Wilson, they aren't smart enough to let them be funny. They don't get the jokes and ask stupid questions, like I'm sure Rainn Wilson has never ever been asked what's up with his name before.


But then, the major event of the pre-show cringe-worthiness was when Seacrest landed Brangelina, and somehow managed to get his entire head up Brad Pitt's ass while receiving a wordless bitch slap from Angelina and ask some stupid questions about Africa all in about a minute and a half before The Brangelina deigned to grace someone else with their presence.


So the actual awards went quite well. Hugh Laurie was funny, as usual, and I was very pleased with almost all the winners. Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren both won---yay!!! Totally didn't see Forest Whitaker taking best actor, but whatever.


Also, Babel and Dreamgirls? What??? Not fun at all. Sheesh.


Speaking of which, went and bought books yesterday. About half of what last semester was, which was fantastic, probably due to the fact that I didn't have two worthless languages with fun little packages of CDs that I'm never going to use. *sigh* Logic looks---well, I'm not sure exactly how it looks because I don't understand it. But that's okay. *deep breaths*

Maybe someone will still love me if I fail out of school and end up living in a dumpster. Or maybe not.

Oooh, the Will and Grace episode with Matt Damon. So funny. Love him. Inadvertantly stalking him, actually, as he has had an amazingly prolific career for being like thirty. He shows up in everything!!! Going to go watch that. Ciao!!!

3 comments:

CMT said...

*gasp* Where did you find that icon?

rockford said...

YOU should do the red carpet - you know all of the peoople and you would know just what questions to ask -- and you would look just beautiful in one of those gowns!!!! Maybe by next year they will have discovered you!!! Loved the post and agreed with you on the questioning - and you know it will be the same questions at the next award show!!!!

Mickey said...

Oh I soooooooo agree with Rockford......you would be just the person for that job!!!!:):):)