Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'll beat your ass, bitch!!!

Familied out. Yes. It can be a verb.

Sooo, rushed home from work because I had to wash the Ponytail of Wealth and Prosperity (which, btw, is broken. Five bucks in eight hours. Boo.) and now I clearly have to be watching the red carpet stuff for the SAG awards. Except it's still too early for the good people to show up---that guy with three names from Little Children is the biggest star they've managed to get. Kevin Nealon just pounded a class of champagne. Teehee.

Gotta love the SAG awards.

The Empress and I have devised an awards show drinking game---everytime they show someone who has played a Queen Elizabeth you have to do a shot. Which was met with countless "WHAT NO YOU DO NOT DO SHOTS HOW IRRESPONSIBLE" by my parents, which kind of made me laugh because a.) we were joking and b.) how sad it is that my parents think that they have such little authority over us? The Empress is still a minor, and I have no liquor of my own. They could kind of say that "We completely approve of doing shots but you have to use your own liqour" and I'd kind of have to say "Oh. Okay." *sigh* They get so worked up about it.

I really can't wait until somebody gets drunk.



Watched Signs with mia familia last night, and have realized that a.) Joaquin Phoenix is wicked sexy, b.) M. Night Shyamalan reuses ALL of his actors, and c.) apparently I can only handle first-tier Shyamalan like The Village where everything is normal at the end and it's 2004 and they're all safe- well except for Adrian Brody. Because I was nearly wetting myself halfway through.

I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to watch The Sixth Sense and join the rest of the western hemisphere. Yeah. Not any more.

Kind of disappointed at the end, though, because there was no twist. This is why alien movies bug me so much, because there is no way for it to end well. You have two scenarios- world domination or they're allergic to the water or something. There's no satisfation.

(GAH!!!!!!!!! PAM!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT YOU TO LEAVE YOUR HUSBAND AND MARRY JOHN KRASINSKI!!!!!!!!!! What? Is my crazy showing?)

Also love Abigail Breslin. She is quite possibly cuter than Dakota Fanning.


(GAH!!!!!!!!!!! JIM!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT YOU TO LEAVE WHOMEVER YOU'RE WITH AND MARRY JENNA FISCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crap. It's showing again.)

Had to work today. *booing* Imladris just got home and said she was considerinbg being a prostitute because at least she could lie down. *snickers*

Bought Good Will Hunting during my break because I wasn't terribly hungry. I am ordering the Empress to watch it so that I can discuss it with her RIGHT NOW. Because I love it and need to talk about it but I don't know anyone who's seen it. GAH!!!

Finished reading Notes on a Scandal, and I would have seen it already if Colleen hadn't have abandoned me but that's not the point. Anyhoodles, it was really good. Fantastic. Don't be put off of reading it because of the icky teenage/old woman sex because it's really not about that. I'm worried about becoming Judi Dench. It scared me.

Also, at one point Sheba remarks that getting married and having children allowed her to continue with her life while having no ambition, because all she had to do was clean and take care of the kids. And I realized that that was totally what I want out of life. A little sad, really.

Well, good people are showing up, so I'm gonna go. Maybe do a little live-blogging later.

1 comment:

CMT said...

*sigh* Sexy Joaquin. That's really the only reason I wanted to watch the movie. What do I care from aliens? It was totally worth it, too.