Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yeah, like inbreeding works well in cows, not so much in people.

You cannot go wrong with polygamists on Numb3rs, especially if they are of the creepy old fat dude marrying the young woman after he's killed off all the competition variety. I'm so weird.


So. Yeah. G-Dub addressed the nation last night smack dab in the middle of what was supposed to be a new Criminal Minds/CSI:NY block but wasn't because he decided we all needed to know some more about Iraq. And I am not amused. *sigh*


If I wasn't so pissed about the having to wait another week for brand-new CSI goodness, I guess I'd be kind of pleased that he did talk, though, because he looked very contrite and admitted that perhaps things aren't going quite as swimmingly as we would hope, and I think that's what people need to hear. (The "I talked to our allies in Europe" thing kind of made me giggle a little bit. I'm sorry. Isn't it pretty much just Blair?) Personally, I don't think more troops is the way to go, because I don't think you can win against people who are willing to blow up their children, but I don't have any better ideas, so whatever. War is hell. Maybe it's time we all just realize it.


All Office icons all the time here today, because it is new tonight and I actually get to watch it, and Imladris sent me a loverly site yesterday full of loverly Office icons. So that's what you're getting.


Mmkay, what else is going on in my life? Nothing. Worked Tuesday, and had crazy people come in and try to exchange stuff ten minutes before we closed and they reeked of smoke and were quite weird and I didn't like them because they bought a crapload of stuff right at closing when I was ready to go home. Buggers. Also only made three bucks in tips. Boo.

Yesterday I did nothing. I think. Can't really remember. Oh, went out with Kate for coffee. Interesting. Very, very interesting.


Have been watching bunches of movies, lately, though. Finished I Heart Huckabees, which was quite hilarious and very good. And I officially love Jude Law again, even if his accent did kind of come and go.

Then I watched Shakespeare in Love, which was quite possibly one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It was funny, and interesting, and moving, and had Geoffrey Rush who I seem to be inadvertently stalking along with Cirian Hinds as they show up in every single movie I watch. Anyhoodles, I loved it. If you all are going to get me the same movie next Christmas, this would be a good one. :D


Finished the night (it was like one thirty by this time) with Veronica Guerin, which was also a fantastic movie, featuring the Lovely Cate Blanchett who apparently the Empress adores and worships. Which is...kind of creepy, actually. But I digress. SOOOO sad though!!!! She had a son!!! Why must the good die young!?!?!? *ahem*

Yesterday we did The Woman in White, which was your typical Masterpiece Theater goodness with Guy Who Loves Keira Knightly From Love Actually playing the main guy. I love anyone and anything connected to that movie, so we loved it. Creepily good. Love Wilkie Collins.


Finally, working my way though the non-Patrick Swayze miniseries North and South, which is quite lovely in the Bleak House way. It has Anna Maxwell Martin (squee!!!) who is dying (sad), and the main mill guy who the main girl totally loves and wants to get it on with but can't admit it because he is of a different class is quite hot, actually. It's quite good. I'm considering buying the DVD.

Finished Philip and Elizabeth---great book. Fantastic. Loved it. I should be British, because I love that royal family so damn much. All of my monarchy love is just going to waste over here because we had to be so damn independent. Sheesh.

The Empress and I are planning to see Children of Men this weekend. Even the apocalypse is more fun if Clive Owen shows up. ;p

1 comment:

CMT said...

Wasn't Veronica Guerin sad? I couldn't handle it. Eileen drove right by the place she got shot, too. Spooky.

I feel like I recognize the guy from Non-Patrick-Swayze North and South. Do I?