Monday, March 31, 2008

Do not mess with the emo punkness.

I was walking through the living room where my father of all people was glued to Dancing with the Stars, and the Fat One was dancing to "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.

And they changed the lyric to "Hell yeah, I'm the ever-loving princess."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*chokes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It is really not ever-loving princess.


Ah! Alan icon!!! Perfect lead in to discuss the other things I wanted to discuss!!!

Une, SWEENEY TODD TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! *is dead* *just realized the irony of that* *laughs self silly* And I shall buy it and be able to fastforward through the awkward pants issues, and therefore my love for Teh Rickman will remain intact!!! Hah!!!

Deux, Masterpiece Theater is wrapping up the Complete Jane Austen with my absolutley favorite Austen EVER OMG, Sense and Sensibility, in a three-part adaptation. The first one was last night, and I have several thoughts.

1.) How do I know David Morrissey? I feel as though I know his name, but IMDB turns up nothing the The Other Boleyn Girl, during which I did admittedly think, "Huh, Duke of Norfolk was kind of hot."

2.) David Morrissey? Not so hot. So apparently I just have a thing for the Duke of Norfolk. *ponders this* Eh. It's better than St. Thomas More, I guess. Does Norfolk have a law school???

3.) Whomever this little bitch is that's playing Marianne? YOU SUCK and I DON'T LIKE YOU. BRING BACK KATE!!! She's whiny and not passionate or funny or anything that Kate was in what has become known as the "real" version.

4.) Okay, you know how I've spent hours and countless whatever-is-the-internet-equivalent-of-pages defending the union of Col. Brandon and Marianne and yelling about how Marianne's a stupid whore who doesnt know what she's got going? Um. Yeah. Apparently? I just ship Alan Rickman and the 17-year-old. Because these two? Meh. Take 'em or leave 'em.

5.) THERE IS NOT SEXAGE IN THE AUSTEN. NEVER, EVER NOT EVEN CLOSE. NO KISSING OR "HOUSE-VISITING" EITHER!!! DO YOU HEAR ME PBS!?!?! THIS HAD BETTER STOP NEXT WEEK.

6.) OMG MY DAD LIKES THIS!!! Like, he asked if it was continuing next week! And when we suggested that perhaps this isn't up to his standards of manliness because no one is owning a mill or wearing sequins and a smile hoping to shore up their lost careers, he just scoffed.

And that? Made my week. :D

3 comments:

CMT said...

Too much sexage.

Anonymous said...

I did not see any of these shows....but I always trust your entertainment judegement:):)

Anonymous said...

I'm no Austin fanatic but I agree with you -- and find it so hysterical that your father enjoys it!!!! Maybe this opens up other areas for family movie night??? Who's to say!!!!! Not Sweeney Todd though - I could not handle that one and you know I will watch quite a bit for you and Johnny - Secret Window several times, after all!!!! Thanks for all the updates - sorry I am so slow!!!!