Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Real Plantagenets bring you bloody victories over ancestral enemies on the battlefields of France. Richard II brought England the pocket handkerchief.

I read The English American today, and I highly recommend (I also finished Morgan Llywellyn's Irish Century series, but that deserves it's own discussion). Except I think I may be pregnant, as I got really over-emotional about everything having to do with babies, or adoption, or adopted babies. Which, as the book was about an adopted baby, was quite frequently.

And I fell in love with the coat the woman is wearing on the cover. It's so pretty. I want it. I wonder if I contacted the publisher if they could send me a website???

Ooh, and a signature fragrance!!! I has one!!! It is called Inis, and it is from Ireland (not known for their fine scents, but whatever) and pretty and relatively inexpensive and supposedly smells like the sea.

I wouldn't know, because my entire experience with the sea consists of exactly one evening wading into the Atlantic somewhere in Virginia after visiting some military base because something happened there, and I don't recall any scents at all except for the rotting coastline and a lot of teal t-shirt shops.

I expect that the Irish sea smells better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of the sea....so fresh....I also love that coat..you have good taste:):)

Anonymous said...

since your title consists of a million words and my comment can't be seen....here it is again..one would not want to miss my comments:)
"I love the smell of the sea...so fresh. I also love that coat..you have good taste:):)"