Monday, May 15, 2006

President Bush Is Trying to Ruin My Life

Oh yeah. I am now the proud owner of one of these babies. And now the little earbuds have everybody else's icky ear wax all over them because everyone must listen to it. I'm getting a little tired of that, actually. Know how much I love it? I'm listening to it as I type. On the computor with iTunes on it. So I theoretically could pull that up in the background and listen to the exact same music. But that is not nearly as fun, don't you think??? Anyhoodles, this is so much fun I'm kind of surprised that I didn't sell myself find some way to buy one before. We officially love anonymous. Not that I didn't before, but now I have a dollar amount on my love. It's always better that way, right??? Waiting rooms just got way easier. Which is good when you spend as much time in them as I do.

(There would totally be a cute icon, probably about 24 or something RIGHT HERE, but blogger.com doesn't feel like putting pictures up. They can go to hell, right with whoever decided tonight was a good night for a primetime chat with the President [see following rant].)

OMG, y'all. You know who is addressing the nation tonight (big hint right there)??? The prez. About immigration. Okay, unless he's announcing that we're going actually declare war on Mexico, I don't need to hear about it in primetime during the last week of shows!!! Compassionate conservative my ass. Compassionate is letting people watch 24 at the appointed time. Now he's just a mean conservative. And I have three different stations to tape tonight, and I have absolutely no idea when any of my shows are going to be one. Because you know thent he democrats are going to have to have their rebuttal where they say essentially the same thing but in different terms and then yell about popularity polls for twenty minutes while Ted and Robin may or may not be heading down a different path that I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do however, realize, that they probably will not actually meet the Mother tonight, as Imladris informed me at seven this morning when I was seething and tossing things about in the kitchen. Whatever. She doesn't watch the show, so she doesn't realize how important this is. *pouts*

And really, I've heard he doesn't watch a whole lot of TV, but couldn't one of his little people be like, "Okay, sir, we understand that this is a major issue. But it's not freakin' going away. Denny and Dr. Burke on Grey's Anatomy, however, could be. And Jack only has two hours left to take down the evil president (who, btw, is more popular that you are right now, so I'd hold off pissing around with FOX viewer, k???). Oh, and a lot of people want to see if Lily and Marshall actually get married or not, because they are just so cute together. And did you know that Horatio Caine got married and somebody gunned down his cancer-ridden maybe-pregnant bride???? Really sir, I think we should do this next week..." I would have appreciated that.

It's probably a good thing that his two terms are up, because my Inner Pop-Culture Whore, while being a staunch Republican, would have been screaming really loudly at me to vote for the other guy, as this is his third time interrupting my viewing. Last fall he made me wait another week for the CSI:NY premiere, which sucked, and then the damn State of the Union pushed House off another week. Seriously. Somebody needs to talk to the man.

Update: FOX announced the time that 24 will actually be starting. Thank goodness. Now I just have to worry about CBS and ABC.

Totally changing the subject, Cry by James Blunt is my new favorite song. So good. I'd link it here, but I totally don't know how to do that with a song. I'm so technologically challenged. But y'all should go find it and listen to it, okay??? And I don't like it just because I will pretty much like anybody with an accent. It was used on Without a Trace last week, when they decided to get political and not tell us who died. I was not pleased with that. Damn them.

So I woke up this morning all bright-eyed and bushy tailed and had a whole list of things I was going to do. And then I made coffee and killed a couple hours on the internet, and somehow writing thank-you notes and sorting through my papers from this semester doesn't seem like so much fun anymore. Even with the help of my trusty iPod. Hmmm. I think I shall have to go do something about that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh......I am soooooooo happy that you now have one of those libble babies.......and yes love with a $$$$ amount is just soooooo much better than without:):):):)...sounds like it is working....I hope I hope!!!!! Ok this speech vs tv is just toooooooooooooo much!!!!! Ok I know when to watch 24...thank you...but I toooooooooo care about Ted/Robin, Lily/Marshal etc etc etc....personally I think Lily and Marshal are headed for trouble and Ted and Robin are headed for loooovvveeee!!!!!:):):)...and what can I say about H and company!!!!!! I need to be out for a bit tonight so hopefully all I will miss is the prez.....I get into my shows much more than politics.....:):):)what can I say?????????...I might need to watch your tapes.....I am sooooooooo confused about tonight,when are my shows on, when is the prez on, I need to go out for a bit and I only have one working VCR....what is a person to do??????????

Anonymous said...

Oh I guess I am soooooo concerned with my tv viewing that I spelled "little" "libble in my last comment......sorry!!!!!

CMT said...

*gasp* Shame on you. As if it's poor G-Dub's fault. Doesn't he have enough to worry about? Hot Kiefer can wait.

rockford said...

Oh, I can tell that you are soooooo happy that you are the proud owner of one o those babies....I can tell how happy you are because I have not seen you since such time as you became such an owner without white cords running from each of you sweet little ears into your pocket and, I am assuming, attached to such baby....you are a true child of the 21st century, aren't you???? And I am so pleased to know that all of my years of hard work have not been in vain and you have learned that you can, in fact, put a dollar amount on love ----JUST KIDDING - I know that you are such a wonderful person that you do not really believe that!!!!! But I am glad that waiting rooms will be easier because, as you know, I am the cause of your living in waiting rooms for such a huge chunk of your life and that is really so unfair to you - I know that life is not always fair and it is a good lesson for you to learn - plus it does fulfill one of the acts of mercy, not a bad thing - but I still feel badly causing you to spend so much of your young precious life sitting in an uncomfy chair surrounded by reminders of illness and the like...can't be terribly uplifting...but please know how much I appreciate what you do for me, I do not know what I would do without all of the help that you have given me... Sorry about the icons but at least the tv viewing worked out last night, right??? See, W wanted you to be happy even though he knew that he had to address the nation about sending troops to the border - but I'll bet he's got some really mad dems on him today when all of the networks moved the democratic response to their cable outlets....!! Hope you enjoyed all of the shows and think how much taped viewing you have ahead of you - I'm surprised we did not cause a power outage with the number of vcrs we had running at one time last night!!!! Have fun!!!!