Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I did not and oh God shhh!!!!

Update of life here on the Compound- as if the bio terrorism threat bunker mentality, propped open window seats, and various foreign bars of soaps and washcloths that I DIDN'T USE occupying space in MY SHOWER weren't enough, now the washing machine broke.

Yes, our amazing European-crafted, water-saving, life-changing machine now refuses to spin (as opposed to the last couple of times when it refused to turn on, refused to turn off, refused to open, refused to close, and refused to drain). It pumps in lots and lots of water, and then drains the water, but the drum doesn't actually spin to get the copious amounts of water out of the clothes, leaving one wringing out towels at six-fifty in the morning (I guess that's the life changing part.)

And I have to stay home on Monday afternoon and deal with the repair guy. I don't like repair guys. They tend to steal from us.

I hate that damn machine. Morena IS not amused.

Well, okay, she's a little amused. Because amazon.com shipped her copy of The Illusionist on DVD. :D

What, you say? Didn't you just spend five dollars on that at Blockbuster? Surely this is not sound financial behavior.

On the contrary- this is actually exercising considerable financial savvy. Because I ordered a book on Catherine the Great (nymphomania in the Russian royal family---whee!!!). The book was $20. In order to get free shipping, your order had to be over $25. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to add The Illusionist to the order, bringing the total obviously to more than 25 dollars. See? Makes sense.

But, you say, why wouldn't you just pay shipping an handling that costs about four dollars as opposed to buying a sixteen dollar DVD to avoid paying the aforementioned four bucks?

There is clearly only one answer to that: the shipping and handling charge can't do that *points to icon above* :D

I think this makes sound financial sense.

I'm going to go teach myself how to compute truth functionality values for compound equations. And then fold some towels. Please don't be jealous.

2 comments:

CMT said...

SQUEEEEEE ILLUSIONIST ICONNITY!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

I had a washer that did the very same thing bout three years ago. We had to take it out back and shoot it.