Tuesday, February 27, 2007

*sigh*

Well. I spent the weekend drinking, eating brownies, and searching for obscenities obscene enough to say what I wanted to. I couldn't find any, and was so sick yesterday I had to stay home from classes. Heh.




Sooo, Oscars. Really long. REALLY long. Started out with half a glass of sangria and by the time they got to best supporting actor it was like, "Eh, might as well finish off the jug..." (just so you don't call the police, the jug was totally almost gone when I started.) I liked Ellen, but I liked Jon Stewart talking about Ellen more.


I called all the major ones, except for best supporting actor, and I was thrilled that Alan Arkin won instead of Eddie Murphy who bugs me and was sleeping with a Spice Girl eww.


Really wanted Little Miss Sunshine to win, though. *tear*









Week of The Bunch O'Midterms commenced today, and got JMC and art history out of the way. I totally blanked on two of the JMC questions, but I'm pretty good at BS, so I think I'll be fine. And art history was amazingly easy except there is no way you can compare and contrast Giotto's Madonna Enthroned and Raphael's Madonna of the Meadow in ten minutes and say everything you needed to. Not going to happen. But hopefully the TA's will have figured that out.

Next up: Class of the Damned History, which promises to be a rip-roaring good time because who doesn't love geography and 20 essay questions on the Crusades? I know I do.

Logic and astronomy (oh shit I'd better not fail again) finish up on Monday. Ugh. Stress.

Not looking forward to tomorrow, though, because I have to go have a meeting with my TA about my paper. What. No. I take rejection much better when you just hand me a badly graded paper and don't say anything about it. I don't need five minutes of face time with you giving me ways to improve.

(ETA: I just read that, and it made it sound like I failed individually and needed to go in. Not true, I'm sure I did fine, each person in the class has to meet with the guy. I'm not especially stupid.:P)


Oh good Lord. could we not have let this die with The Da Vinci Code? I'm sensing a whole crapload of "You're not going to go see that, are you?" conversations with my grandfather...

Well, all, I'm going to go try to distinguish between the three rivers in Spain. See y'all later.


1 comment:

CMT said...

Lol re: Jon Stewart. Funniness.

It's surprising to me that James Cameron doesn't back up his claims beyond "SQUEEEEEEEEZOMG THERE'S A TOMB AND IT TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE IT SAYS "JESUS" AND MAYBE EVEN "MARY" ON IT WHICH COULD TOTALLY BE MARY MAGDALENE RIGHT, RIGHT?"