Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh God somebody please make Neil Diamond stop already.

I'd like to put whomever decided that nine straight hours of Neil Diamond's "hits" while the people upstairs got Josh was a good idea on notice that they are now on The Top of My List. Right up there with Creepy Guy who asked me if size matters and then DIDN'T TIP ME. No. NO. If you are going to make not-so-lightly veiled double entendres, you tip, DAMMIT.


I love how all the CSI fangirls have jumped on the bandwagon and committed themselves to icon-making, and now there is a metric assload of Teh Shower Scene icons on the web. This is the most family-friendly-my-extended-family-reads-this one I could find. *is happy*

Speaking of all things Keppler-related, I read The Painted Veil yesterday. As non-spoilery a discussion as I can write follows.

Really short, and really good, but completely different from the movie (not that I would know, because it is playing exacly NOWHERE east of Madison). And I got really confused at first, because watching the trailer (which, btw, is kind of What I Do now), you know that there's obvioulsy a reconciliation and they have sex and everythings all good, but thats kind of totally not what happens in the book. Also, Liev Shrieber's character is completely different. And that's a good thing.

I seriously need to find this movie sometime before May 8th.

And the reasons to hate Naomi Watts multiply exponentially.

As you may have noticed, my profile pic changed to Raphael's Madonna of the Meadow. Le Petite Gourmet was getting boring. And I love the colors in this piece, as well as the realistic mom/baby interaction. Usually they show Christ as this little person just perched on Mary's knee, but he actually looks like a baby in this.

Even if that is the whitest Mary I've ever seen.


Some random craziness links I need to comment on ---

The trailer for The Nanny Diaries. This is, by far, one of my favorite books of all time. I laugh tears every time I read it, and I completely love everything about it. And I'm less than thrilled by the way this looks. They changed a lot---she was dressed as a telatubbie, dammit, not a red-white-and-blue whore.

Nancy Drew trailer. Oh God no. Do not do this to me. Do not take perhaps the single most defining thing in my childhood and turn it into a crappy Disney-channel vehicle for Julia Robert's niece. I will not allow my beloved Nancy to become the Lizzie McGuire for a whole new crop of 12-year-olds. Make the lambs stop screaming.

Seriously. When is child services going to take those babies away?

Awww...Opie's a grandpa!!!

Prince Harry goes to Iraq. No, I didn't mean for it to sound like a road trip movie. Anyway, I'm not seeing happy endings for this. Now, they say they're going to try to keep him out of dangerous situations, but when you are the Prince of the Infidels, I'm not seeing that happening.

I'm gonna go watch the WB disappear forever. Ciao bella.

1 comment:

CMT said...

NO NO NO NO THEY NAMED THE NANNY THAT IS NOT RIGHT HER NAME IS NAN NOT ANNIE BRADDOCK STUPID STUPID STUPID AND NANCY DREW WAS NOT A LITHE YOUNG PREPUBESCENT TWEENER.