Sunday, February 25, 2007

Witness the death of my last shred of sanity.

Okay, blog kitties. I am updating, just because it is Oscar Sunday and if I don't I'll feel like a bad blogger. Just a few ground rules.

1.) God hates me. Do not try to tell me differently, and do not say that I'm being blasphemous and it is your job to tell me because of some spiritual work of mercy. I will chuck something at you.

2.) Do not tell me this happened for a reason. I will chuck something at you.

3.) I am in NO MOOD. Do not annoy me, or I will chuck something at you.

Sooo, we've learned two valuable lessons from this whole little thing: meteorologists are always wrong and should be treated as such, and alcohol really does solve your problems.





Sooo, Oscars. Are tonight. And I'm looking for any excuse to get blitzed and eat my weight in junk food, so---YAY!!! I was feeling kind of badly about drinking alone, what with Colleen being all legally high and Daddy being all Protestant for Lent. Yeah. No more.


The actual awards? I think The Departed will win for best picure (*tear* for the the death of Little Miss Sunshine's chances), Helen Mirren and Forest Whitaker for best actor/actress, and Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy for best supporting actor/actress. And I really do think that Martin Scorsese will win best director, maybe just out of pity. Clint Eastwood could get it, but I doubt it. As ecumenical as we all try to be, nobody really wants to be on the Japanese side in WWII.


Watched The Prestige last night. Good movie. Love movies about magic. They are Teh Awesomeness.

Mmkay, I'm gonna go try to get rid of this headache and mapquest Providence shut up I'm not crazy so I'll write more after the show. Ciao.

3 comments:

CMT said...

Awww, sweetie, God doesn't hate you. It's all for the best. You just keep on keepin' on, champ.

*ducks*

Ow.

Mickey said...

I promise not to say anyting that might get something chucked at me...:):):):) I am most certain I would feel exactly the same way if I was in your shoes.....is that ok to say???:):):) A nice cocktail always comes in handy and you aren't drinking alone.....you are drinking with the oscars!!!! If it makes you feel better I will have a drink during the Oscars and you will be drinking with me...just a few miles apart!!!!!! I hope all your people win because I haven't seen enough movies this year to have "people"...good luck to your people and here's to a good "manhattan".....:):):)

John T Jurkiewicz said...

The rum is gone because you drank it all.