Monday, January 14, 2008

Educational Bitches

Bitch #1: As though the thought of paying $500 for textbooks that will be worthless in approximately 15 weeks (on top of the four thousand I just paid for the privilege of using the textbooks) was not gut-wrenching enough, I had to buy a harmonica today. For my American music history class.

A harmonica.

For $26.70.

And then I opened it and...FINGERPRINTS.

So instead of Starbucks for a month, about three books, or hell, just being able to go to Target, I get a USED FINGERPRINTY HARMONICA WITH SOMEONE ELSE’S SPIT.

HARMONICA!!!!!

I am giving my blood, sweat, tears, and EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A HARMONICA.

I am NOT pleased.


Bitch #2: The teachers at my local high school are morons.

First, the “many and varied” thing, but I’m over that.

Second, I was helping The Boy study last night and we were going over his “Elected Officials Quiz”, and one of the matching thingies was “Chief Justice”.

Um. Yeah.

When did we start voting for that?

Also? Did I vote for Grothman? Srsly??? Damn, I should pay more attention next time.

Maybe I’m the moron.

Third, my sister’s brilliant astronomy teacher told them about the Gemini space missions.

And, apparently, they did untethered space walks, and one guy floated so far away that he had to swim back and his mask got all sweaty and he was almost out of oxygen.

Now, I dropped astronomy, and God knows science is not my strength, but I would really, really like to know what, exactly, this astronaut was “swimming” through. Because I’m pretty sure that space? Is just that.



That’s all today, because I’m a little bit exhausted from errands (doctor, UWM for books, UPass, and Gold Card), work, Target, Walgreens, the library, and CostCutters- don’t ask, it supplements my obscenely expensive haircut) and then cleaning and laundry because people are coming over.


At least I didn't have to make brownies.



Wow. People are coming over really soon. I’m gonna go. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope never saw chief justice on the ballot.......:):):)

Anonymous said...

I just can not wait until our loving little home is filled with the soft and comforting notes echoing forth from your....harmonica.....sounds so quaint, doesn't it???? Was Dad excited or what!!!! You will have to teach him how to play ---- I see it now: Dad on the rocker on the front porch, harmonica filling the summer evening with lilting song......oh well, enjoy the prepaid muffins:)