Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I don't even know myself anymore.

The People's Choice Awards got so boring I watched a show on ABC about the New Hampshire primaries instead.

Dear God, what's become of us?

No, seriously. There's no audience, it's just Queen Latifah in a room and occasionally the winners will have taped acceptance speeches. So it's all the bad parts of award show (crappy categories, crappy speeches, etc.), and none of the good stuff (crappy dresses, crappy hair, etc.).

*sigh*

Equally *sigh* inducing? Clinton's leading by 3% in New Hampshire.

Oh, God, no.

Any faithful readers in New Hampshire? Anybody? Please go vote. I don't care who it's for as long as it's not for her.

As you may or may not know, I am not in any way, shape, or form a Democrat, but I am thisclose to campaigning for Obama, if only because I don't think he's smart enough to royally screw us up.

Clinton? Does NO ONE remember Whitewater??? People died, y'all. They just disappeared. And this crazy cries and you rush out to vote for her!?!?!

*headdesk*

Hey. I told y'all it wasn't going to be pretty.

Totally switching gears because I was beginning to doubt whether I'd be able to live with myself if I don't manage to get a shallow entertainment section in here somewhere, I watched The Illusionist today.

And by watched I mean skimmed until the make-out scene and then quickly lost interest while pondering how pretty my children's eyes would be if they had Edward Norton for a father.

*ahem*

Le anyhoodles, hot DAMN is that a good movie.

Imladris gets to watch American History X in Sexual Deviance 101 or whatever class she's taking, and I'm a little bit jealous. I got to watch a movie about crazy hippies and Pompeii this year.

In neither did Edward Norton show up.

Okay. He might have been in the hippie one. I wasn't paying that much attention. But I do know there was no beardage, because I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that.


Back to being intellectual, the Supreme Court heard a lethal injection case yesterday. And I nearly peed myself from excitement. Because while I may logically be against federal intrusion on state issues (like the death penalty), well, I do so love a good case that actually means something.

So I read the transcript (shut up, I do too have a life), and the two things I picked up were that it was obvious the justices kind of wanted a good, juicy death penalty case that would allow them to rule on the issue as an issue and were kind of pissed that the lawyers were only arguing the one-drug vs. three-drug protocols, and that wow, they also must watch a lot of CSI because there were a lot of "So that would cause excruciating pain?" questions.

That would be me. I'd be like, "Okay, Mr. Whatever, on CSI this was used appropriately. How do you fit that in?"

Yeah, I suck.

In other news, Nicole Kidman is preggers. Oh, good. Maybe this one will call her "mom".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i feel your pain.....i too was watching as poor queen L tried to do a one woman show.....i really like her but that is expecting more than anyone can really do!!!! i was counting the minutes to 9 when a law and order came on!!! and don't get me started on hillary....how did she win?????? i think they should start looking for the bodies!!!!!!!!!