Thursday, January 17, 2008

Itemized Crap

Tonight? I just have random points I want to talk about, with absolutely no connection or transition whatsoever. In no order of importance.

1.) Why are none of the Presidential candidates talking about the death penalty? Because despite the fact that we're all "developed" and everything, we still execute more people than Saudi Arabia. And anytime you're ahead of SAUDI ARABIA in human rights violations??? I think you need to talk about it.

2.) Damn, I regret hatin' on my own party and all, but Huckabee's a crazy, isn't he? I am all in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade, but DAMN. It's a good thing that he won't win just because there will never, EVER be a President Huckabee.

3.) Speaking of Roe v. Wade, God, it sucks. (Please pretend it's 1973 and my opinions have some relevance and I wasn't born fourteen years later.) Not just morally, because I'm not quite sure when it became okay for the states to deny citizens a right to life, but legally it SUCKS. Seriously? Privacy? There is no privacy! It was an invented right from another sucky case. It's a bad ruling couched in a bad ruling. Argh!!!



4.) I had a nightmare last night. I was ready to start Spring classes, and realized within the last two days that physiological psych was actually a year-long class, and I had signed up for it. So not only did I have to go through more of the Dr. Moyer Brand of Sadomasochistic Self-Congratulatory Crazy, but that rendered my other science course worthless and I had to switch it for something I didn't really want and it was SO STRESSFUL. And then I woke up sweating.

Yes. I may be slightly crazy.

5.) I thought the harmonica was bad? Ha. I didn't know anything. I took a look at my receipt this afternoon (which I never do, because you need the books so why prolong the pain?), but I was trying to balance my checkbook. (It wasn't working, btw.) And do you know how much the book that went along with the harmonica was?

First, let me specify. It's not a book. It's a stack of probably about 60 pages in a cellophane wrapper, with three hole punches. Written by the "professors". I even have to provide the freaking binder.

Back to our story. How much?

SIXTY DOLLARS.

And because it's not a book that I can't wrap back up? I CAN'T SELL IT BACK.

God. This freaking arts credit has cost me $80 already, and I can't recoup any of it. Well, I told my dad I'd sell him the harmonica, and even throw in lessons if he pays me full price.

What can I say? I'm a giver.

6.) Slightly good school news? No art history book. All on e-reserve. Which means that I a.) don't have to shell out $100 for a book that I won't use, and b.) print stuff off and be able to carry it around much easier than a textbook, which I never use because oh, so, big, and, heavy. And also? Pointless.



7.) I have to drive to the Panther Bookstore tomorrow (aka, the Downer Bookstore, completely different from the UWM Bookstore, or the Union Bookstore and SERIOUSLY WHY DON'T YOU JUST HAVE ONE DAMMIT I AM TIRED!!!), because my brilliant professor for Asian American Crap (yes, that's the title of the class) finally ordered the books. And I don't want to. *sigh*

8.) Duuude. I was all happy curled on the couch watching Miss America on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (my favorite show ever-shhh! Don't tell anybody!), because, um, yeah, *squee*, when I flip over to Snapped during commercial breaks. And it's not just any Snapped, it's a baby-snatching Snapped.

From the womb, y'all. Hardcore.

And I just didn't know what to do.

9.) Can we talk about Miss America for a minute. She's 20. MY AGE. And I'm sitting at home watching her on TV!?!?!?! Oh. My. Lord. I. Need. A. Big. Drink.

10.) Haha. I'm watching Mean Girls on tv, but it's censored. So the part where the guy makes fun of Cady by asking her if she wants her buns buttered was taken out. And changed to muffins. So now he asks her if she wants somebody to butter her muffin.

Which is actually dirtier, n'est pas?



11.) Hahaha. This should be in the NY Times. More people would be interested in politics. Except I'm confused by the URL title, because Congress doesn't have anything to with the courts, but whatever. It's still funny.

12.) I don't suppose they'd move him to Chicago? Because frankly? The bus fare is about all I've got now.

13.) Oh, well. It was a very nice 17 years, wasn't it. I know I enjoyed it. Those first four Communist years of my life? Not so much fun.

14.) Oh, I'm very sad for her. I cannot imagine losing a child, and while the circumstances are not ideal, I think that would almost make it worse. To be 22 and unmarried and pregnant you would have to really come to terms with the pregnancy, not just be "Oh, we're having a baby!!!" happy, and then to have it gone? Ugh. And I believe we established in an earlier post I don't want to bother linking to that she's good people.

No comments: