Sunday, January 06, 2008

I am officially for sale.

I don't care how many times I have to do it, I will never, EVER get used to signing away four thousand dollars for an eighth of a degree that will give me the earning potential of, oh right, a 20-year-old working at Borders.

So, I'm for sale. If anyone is interested, let me know. Don't think I'm above anything, because I have exactly $435 left in my savings account and my books had better cost less than that.

*Totally Hypothetical Aside*

And so help me God if my grandfather even breaths a word about feeling sorry for/paying my idiot cousin for getting bombed out of his mind, I will kick his 90-year-old ass. There are those of us with REAL responsibilities and REAL bills who have the common decency to STAY HOME and drink, because BAROQUE ART IS COSTING ME THREE HUNDRED F****** DOLLARS SO DO NOT TEST ME DAMMIT.

Hmmm. I wonder why he thinks I don't like him.

*End Totally Hypothetical Aside*

Yeah, that was fun.

I suppose I could work more, but then I may be forced to kill people. If I get one more of "that guy", the guy who thinks he's so funny, like when you give them the total and he looks behind him before laughing, or when you ask "Receipt in the bag or with you?" he replies, "In the bag...with me." And then goes, "Have I flustered you yet?" I always have the overwhelming urge to scream back that I have random crazies approaching me on Downer Ave. asking for money and then screaming racial epithets at me, and it's going to take a lot more than some asshat who thinks he's "flirting" to fluster me.

Asshole.


Okay, on to happier things. As long as I had my wallet out, I cleaned out the months of old Starbucks receipts (I don't know why I always take it, it's not like I'm going to be responsible and write down the balance.) and old gift cards. And balanced my checkbook. And cried a little.

Ooh, but I got free chips and salsa for registering my Qdoba rewards card. Not that I can afford to go there anymore. Do you think they'd mind if I just came in for my free chips?


Finally, saw Juno today. And I loved it as much as I thought I would. Ellen Page was amazing, I totally love her, and oh, my gosh how much do we love Michael Cera? (So much, in case you were wondering.)

Also? I heart Jennifer Garner.

The only thing I didn't like is that Jason Bateman was kind of an asshat. And I previously loved Jason Bateman. But oh, well. I'll just watch some Arrested Development DVDs.

Cute story, and absolutely hilarious at parts. Colleen hated it, though. Just saying.

Although she did spend the ride home rambling about how if she wanted to be a writer she should really screw up more often, so maybe you don't want her opinion.

There is homemade pizza. And I go to eat it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how was your day?????