Thursday, October 30, 2008

I tire of this.

I have a pretty high pain threshold. Don't get me wrong, I still whine. A lot. Like, all the time. About everything. But not usually about being sick or in pain or anything. I mean, I literally haven't not had a sinus headache a single day since July, I have a pinched nerve in my back that must be a thoracic nerve because it hurts every time I breathe in (thank you, Dr. Moyer and your physiological psych class of doom, but at least I know where my pain originates from now), and I swear to God I have endometriosis. None of this really bothers me.

But oh, my, God, the head cold. I want to die. DIE.

So there was supposed to be studying and imperialism flashcards and maybe some rambling about how Belgium totally took over the Congo and omg, not cool, Leopold II, what the hell, man? But there wasn't. Instead there was some cuddling with a quilt. And some sneezing. And some Office-watching. It was funny. Really funny. The sneezing? Not so much.

Le anyhoodles, my colds usually go through phases, and I really hope that today marks the end of the runny nose thing, becuase I will be spending tomorrow in a drafty house doing manual labor, and I really, really do not relish doing that with a swollen nose.

Really. Really not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better!!!!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Colds suck. I feel your pain and hope you get better soon,.