Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I can sing the Preamble if you want.

Today started kind of poorly. I noticed that the gentleman taking the gifts up at Mass walks exactly like Grandpa did in the last few months. And from the back he looks almost the same. I know it's stupid, and it's been seven months tomorrow, but it's weird stupid stuff like watching some guy you've known your entire life stumble that brings everything back up. So then I was tearful for the rest of the morning.

Except when the a woman whose kids I used to play with when I was little told me I looked really cute. That was okay. :)

But then I got to school and found out that Dr. Crain talked about Schoolhouse Rock. And even may have recited the lyrics. And the image of him forcing his children to watch it even though they don't like it makes me smile so hard.

Oh, and I really miss Schoolhouse Rock. I could sing all the songs RIGHT NOW. But I won't. Because that would be weird. Conjunction Junction (What's your function? Hooking up words and phrases and clauses...) I'm Just a Bill (yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol hill.). God, I loved those. My little brother would wander around the house singing "Shot Heard 'Round the World" when he was four.

(Yes, I'm my mother's daughter.)



ETA: Watching President Obama's address to Congress. A few notes:
1.) He's very good at the public speaking. Halfway through I forgot that I am diametrically opposed to him on nearly ever issue.
2.) I remembered, just so you know.
3.) What, did Scalia want to stay home and watch a movie or something? You have better things to do?
4.) The new Treasury Secretary looks like Gary Sinise from the side. I don't think Gary would take a job with the Obama administration. But I know I'd watch more press conferences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh do I know what you mean by those men who walk like Grandpa - especially at St. Eugene....sometimes it is just too much to watch....on a happier note, School House Rock was great wasn't it!! I loved the "Shot Heard Around the World" - like I said, it is still on my mp3 player-of course so is "rainbow connection" "Baby Baluga" and "Only one more sleep till Christmas"--- I loved the old days...such wonderful memories....