Friday, April 17, 2009

For reals?

Dude. This blog is officially 1000 posts old. I know, right? 1000 posts of my inane drivel. I applaud those of you who are still reading. Also, thanks for sharing my mitochondrial DNA.

I feel as though I should have something massive to talk about because 1000 posts! That's HUGE. But I don't really. Instead, I'm going to talk about Facebook.

My account was closed for maintenance for a few hours this afternoon, and I could not log in. This disturbed me greatly. What if someone needed to get in touch with me? What if someone had put up fun pictures? What if I needed to "like" something???

I began thinking of status updates and feeling frustratingly impotent when I couldn't put them up.

"Kathleen wonders why Facebook won't let her on."

"Kathleen hates Facebook."

"Kathleen should be writing her paper."

"Kathleen hates footnotes."

"Kathleen wonders if she even exists if her Facebook page is down..."

It was a dark moment of the soul, readers.

There was a time that I actually talked to people.

It was a while ago.

Thankfully, I was allowed to log in late this afternoon. Whew. That was close. I almost resorted to Twitter because MY GOD WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NO ONE KNOWS WHAT I'M THINKING RIGHT THIS SECOND!?!?!?

All is well now. There are even picture from the Easter Vigil on now. There was boxed wine. It was good.

2 comments:

rockford said...

I feel very important being the first to comment on your 1000th post!!! I am so impressed that you have kept this up so long and I SO SO enjoy reading each and every entry!!! Thanks and I am looking forward to the next 1000!!!!

mickey said...

yeah......I have loved and read all 1000 of them!!!! I have not understood all 1000 of them but that says more about me than about you:):):) Keep up the good work and I saw your Easter pictures...nice!