Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Some Comments and Observations

That cannot be condensed into anything remotely resembling a paragraph because, oh, my God, so tired.

- What Not to Wear eyeshadow tricks? Really work well.

- I love my bracelet. :)

- I didn't screw up the reading. Or at least I don't think I did, but I'm pretty sure no one would tell me if I had. I'm glad I did it, though. And in my years of serving funerals, I've seen people flip their shit, so I'm pretty sure I was better than them.

- Mary couldn't get the coal to light. And that made me laugh, because I've been there.

- I like our new priest, he seems very nice.

- Full military honors are really cool.

- The guy who gave my aunt the flag was kind of adorable.

- Am I bad granddaughter for thinking that?

- I'm pretty sure that if I were the soldier person folding the flag, I would have started to giggle. Totally.

- I'm really, really glad that I didn't have to help somebody from church buy a sex book. Really glad.

-Drinking does make things better. Kind of. I'm not sure if the whipped cream my cousin put in his beer made things any better though.

- I'm not very good at cutting horses' manes. Case in Point: My horse. Who now needs a stylist. There is a reason that I am toiling in academia and not the cushy world of beauty school, y'all.

- Coming home from a funeral and paying a credit card bill? Not fun.

- Blue drinks? Are fun.

- OMG SRSLY WE NEED BOOZE. We're out of all the kinds of wine I like, I've already had three Manhattans today, and now no more blue drink. *tear*

Perhaps I'll give you fully formed sentences tomorrow, after I've slept for more than five hours straight, which has been the case for the last week.

3 comments:

CMT said...

No shit. I was totally thinking the same thing about the guy who gave MC the flag, especially because I was sitting right there and he was saying all these beautiful things making me cry.

mi_morena said...

Oh good. I'm glad I wasn't alone. I was all the way over on the other side of mom and could only see the little alter area.

Anonymous said...

you are both correct....he was adorable....he was adorable when Patrick took me over to meet him and then even more so when presenting the flag!! Mr. Mickey won't mind me saying that and I am sure Papa was looking down thinking Mickey be serious and stop thinking he is adorable:):):) Papa knows me well:):):) Nothing wrong with normal thoughts!!!!! I will buy more blue drinks tomorrow....can't believe we are out of those!!