Sunday, July 13, 2008

Terribly Important Retail-Type Work.

I had a discussion about Teh Pants of Awkward at work today, and it was hi-larious. Derrick and I were talking to this other guy about Sweeney Todd, and he was all, "What? I didn't notice the pants!" and Derrick's just like, seriously? Because all four of us immediately felt the need to comment on them the SECOND they showed up.

And it's true. Colleen almost headbutted me she was so eager to mock.

Well, to be fair, they are so easily mocked. I'm not even sure I can watch Harry Potter anymore.

***

Other major accomplishment today (other than watching the Very!First!SVU episode! and stalking Catherine Tate on YouTube), I went to the Kit movie with mommy and Colleen. They changed everything. Like, everything. It was set in the Great Depression, but that was about it. And the ending? Was really Molly's ending, which was destroyed in Molly's movie last year.

Abigail Breslin is the cutest thing ever, though. I want to adopt her.

I'm waiting for the Kirsten movie. Because I don't care what Colleen says, she was so important to the American Girl universe. Or at least my universe. I could probably recite the stories. I read the book so many times I wore the covers out. They're taped, y'all. And Kirsten was hardcore. She had dead friends, language barriers, Minnesota winters, and stumbling upon a dead guy.

Although in the story that my dad would read to me, she and her brother then used the dead guy as a sled to pull the pelts home. Much like the Bible story in which Abraham invites the angels to have a couple of celebratory beers after they announce that Sarah will have a baby- don't worry, Sarah doesn't have one, she's pregnant.

It was an interesting childhood.

Anyway. Kirsten. Needs a movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember the kirsten cake!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten is hard core American Girl -- she is the first girl to enter our little family!!!! Remember how wonderful it was when you got her for your birthday!!!! I loved the movie even though they toatly redid Kit's story --- thanks for going with me....Dad was great with story time, wasn't he - with me you just got the story - but with Dad, who would know what was coming next...!!!!