Monday, July 14, 2008

Your regularly scheduled update has been postponed.

While I stop and geek out over the brand-new repackaged History of Britain.

Now, since I haven't heard back from the admissions department at Columbia (Shockingly, "stalking a faculty member" isn't considered a slam dunk essay. Who knew?), I was planning on asking for this for my birthday.

(Only two more shopping months! Which in my family, who have taken the art of procrastination to epic and beautiful new levels, is practically too late to release a wish list.)

Only problem was that it used to be like HUGE (seriously, five separate cases, and heavy) and like $60. I got my Supreme Court DVDs for Christmas and they were actually slightly more expensive, but I'm convinced that that was because my mom mostly wanted to watch my sister's reaction when I suggest them every single movie night. (Shut up. Judicial review is a thrilling plot line. And Sandra Day O'Connor and John Roberts show up! I heart them! More than I heart many celebrities!. So yeah. I wasn't planning on that again.

But now they're like half the price! And totally doable for one's 21st birthday!!! Right?!?! (History of Violence Note: Please discuss before I get six copies of a 15-hour documentary.)

Also I still want The Power of Art. More, possibly. But that didn't get a price cut and it's own blog post.

OOOH! And Doctor Who DVDS!!! Split the cost, ransom children, sell body parts, meet truckers at a rest stop, I don't care what you have to do, I NEEDS SEASONS 2 and 3!!!

*ahem*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the official list????? I don't procrastinate...I shop early and often:):):)

mi_morena said...

No, not the official list. I'm just so happy it came down in price!!!

Anonymous said...

So I like to shop early!!! when one must shop from home one must do that!!!! The stuff takes a few days to get here you know --- anyway, I am glad that they are reduced - is that really what you want??? just let me know because I know that this is not the official list which is always color-coded:)