Monday, March 27, 2006

Blueberry Muffins

I'm switching to blueberry muffins this morning because the sad lemon ones looked teeny tiny. And, hell, I'm nothing if not adventerous. Quite good, but the crubly stuff they put on top is getting all over the place. And I'm drinking ocffee in a white shirt without my Tide pen. Oooh, the gods had better be smiling on me...


So how was everybody's weekend??? Unbelievable amounts of fun? No? Nobody? Well, mine wasn't either. Friday was okay because I left school with absolutely no intention of doing anything productive, and I didn't, so I guess that was a success. Except that basketball was still on and Numbers wasn't. Crazies.

Saturday I had placement tests at the University of My Choice.I got there at eight. I didn't get to leave for almost five freaking hours. Seriously. Budding communist nations could learn something from our school system. We all had to sit directly behind the person in front of us so we formed perfect little lines. We couldn't open the books until they told us to. We couldn't read anything else after we were done. I have a feeling we would have been summarily executed for using a cell phone. We could not stand up. We could not leave after we were done even though everybody else was done too and just sitting there waiting for a buzzer to go off. We were penalized for coughing more than twice. (I made that one up, but isn't it amazing how well it fit???) Really. Almost all of us in that room were adults, and yet there was absolutely nothing we could do about anything. We were completely at the mercy of the little proctors, who totally couldn't have stopped anybody. Well, except most of the girls. Who weighed like ninety pounds, dripping wet. I hate people my own age. I guess it was better than when I took the ACT and we had a ten minute break. But we all had to go stand in the hallway for ten minutes because all the classrooms had to be locked. For ten minutes. For no reason. Except that it was a Rule.

The tests went okay, I guess. For math I was pretty much just filling in pretty patterns with the dots, because I had absolutely no clue about like half of them. English was exceedingly easy. Really. Even the reading comprehension, which is usually easy but annoying because all of the answers sound the same.


On to slightly funner notes, I finally saw Capote on DVD this past week. Oh my gosh. Awesome mvoie. I am not a huge Philip Seymour Hoffman fan (even if it kills me to type his name becausea it takes forever). Catherine Keener was awesome too. My favorite scene was when Capote pays the guy to compliment him, and Nelle totally knows it. So funny. The hanging bothered me though. I don't get upset by much, but executions get to me. Seriously. My own political feelings aside (*cough*against it*cough*), capital punishment usually literally makes me ill.

Also saw Inside Man yesterday. Another one where I go to a movie I don't particularly want to see because Imladris is going and I have nothing better to do, and then end up loving it. Really good. It felt like it took a little bit long to get to the end, but pretty fast-paced. And we love Clive Owen again. He's one of those guys where after you see him you're totally into him, but then it kind of goes away, and then you see him again and you're like, "WOW! That guy's really hot!!!!" Yeah, I have an affinity to misunderstood criminals.

And the trailers at this movie were awesome. MI:3??? So there on May 5th. The Sentinal. Oh my freakin' gosh. That looks like one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. We lurve Michael Douglas. His relationship with a freakishly young woman is what give me hope.

Then there was one for Flight 93. (First, how stupid and I? The first time I saw it it took me two minutes to figure it out...I was like, "Wait...wasn't that one of the 9/11 flights??? Oh..." I'm a moron.) Personally, I don't think this is a good idea. It hasn't been five years yet. This is like a Pearl Harbor thing where maybe sixty years later you can do it. And even then you're still going to offend people. The trailer's really upsetting too, I was practically in tears yesterday. Anyhoo, I think it's way too soon.

So yeah, I should go write these damn scholarship essays. I just got finished watching an absolutely mind-numbing video in art about Imperial Chinese art. The narrator was not a native English speaker, and kept mispronouncing words. "Comparably" was "compare" with an -ably on the end. Crazy. And then I get to go do something in government. I"m not sure what. I"m very confused about this whole trial thing. I know I have to have a paper on Boy Scouts v Dale by Monday...amazing how loquasious the Supreme Court can be. It took them 36 typed pages to say the Boy Scouts were a private institution and should be kept that way. Buggers.

3 comments:

rockford said...

glad you liked the movies and the trailers -- I wish I could have gone with you even though the movie would probably not have been my first choice....I so understand what you are saying about the rules at the university of your choice (clever!!!!) that is what has always bothered me about schools - rules that seem to make no sense and must, at all costs, be enforced!!! seems silly!!! we are all very proud of you and I am sure you did just great on the placement tests!!! any your level of maturity - you should have been a proctor:) but then you would have to enforce the rules:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love blueberry muffins....yum yum yum...:):):)..I must go see some movies....glad you had a good time!! I am sure you did very well on your test....too bad you couldn't leave when you wanted to:(:(:(....have a good Monday and enjoy tonight's tv:):):)

CMT said...

HONESTLY. What would you DO if I didn't take you places?