Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm Being Dragged Kicking and Screaming Back to School

And no one feels sorry for me. It's not my fault that I have a perfect schedule that gives me a week off in the middle of March just for the heck of it. You all could have this too. I just made different choices. *sniff*


Mmmm. Doughnut. I ate a crapload of doughnuts this morning. Really. It was a mound. The one good thing about going back to school is the muffins (I just typed "miffuns" tee hee). We love the muffins. They are excellent. Especially the lemon ones. Which are light enough that you don't feel like a fat pig but still a muffin so you feel full. Feeling full is something I'm familiar with right now. I just ate a lot of Taco Bell. Their caesar burritos- God's gift to cheap mexican food. And their potatos. Probably a good thing I made myself do the stairmaster this morning.

I really want the British copy of the Bridget Jones books. They're much longer, and way funnier, and there's stuff about Princess Diana. I need them. And I finally have money, so I decided to see how much they were on amazon.co.uk, armed with my trusty currency converter website.

...

...

An hour and a half later, I've visited various internet sites trying to figure out exactly how much it costs to send something to the U.S. from the U.K. (wow, that's a lot of "U"s and periods...). Because amazon.co.uk makes it seem deceptivly simple, with a whole little rate chart and everything. Until you get to the bottom of the page, and there's this teeny tiny little disclaimer saying, "Well, there could be custom charges, but we can't predict that so just cross your fingers..." As much as I love Bridget Jones, I was not content to simply say, "Oh. Okay. We'll see if the government likes me today." So I had to do a very long Google search and finally ended up at the U.S. Customs and Border Control website, where they had a pdf copy of this book that has all the duty rates. After a painstaking chapter perusal (why can they just have one titled "Books"??? No, this one is "Paper Products and Paper Mulch Products". I know why we're like a trillian dollars in debt. Too many big words.) I found out that books are free. You know what? I don't even care if I'm right. I'm too tired.


Wonderful weekend, though. Went out for coffee with Mom and Imladris yesterday morning, which was crazy amounts of fun. Even if we didn't talk about me at all. Nothing. Whatever. And then had more coffee in the afternoon. And then gorged myself on wonderful cookies that Daddy made while watching a show about Henry VIII on National Geographic. So I had caffeine, chocolate, and pizza yesterday. That was healthy.

And then today I ate the aformentioned mound of doughnuts and went to see Failure to Launch with Mom and Imladris. As long as you go in realizing that this is a chick flick headlining Matthew McCoughnahay and Sarica Jessica, you'll have a good time. Except I'm still feeling a little nauseous from Terry Bradshaw's bare backside. Nobody- NOBODY- needs to see that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....love lemon muffins....or lemon almost anything!!!!! Hope you had a nice vacation.......:):) Sounds like you had a great weekend...yeah!!!...I am thinking I want to see that move, but I can't imagine ANYONE other than Mrs. Bradshaw wanting to see that view of old Terry!!!!!! Do you think I would like the movie???? I would be seeing it with someone who realllllllly likes the "title" of the movie:):):)

CMT said...

Very sorry you must go back to school *stifled snicker* I know it's very difficult *suppressed chuckle* I hope it's not too hard to get up at 6:50 am *poorly restrained guffaw*

rockford said...

Wow, not getting much sympathy from imladris, are you???? Well, I'll give you some sympathy - i'm sorry you have to go back - I know how much you love yourself some good old spring break!!!! I enjoyed it too because I got to see you more often - selfish, but true!!!! And the weekend was wonderful - coffee and a movie and cookies a pizza - what more could one want (except the stairmaster!!!!) Enjoy!!!!