Friday, March 03, 2006

Icons, Alan, and Arch Bandages



HAHAHAHA...sorry, this made me laugh. I am now so addicted to icons that I transferred my entire picture folder to my flashdrive just so I can use it at school. That's sad. It's Friday. Whew. This has been a really long week. Extremely long. I just want to go to sleep. For like 16 hours. Ont he upside, only one more week till spring break.

Yes, Johnny. I do. We were supposed to spend art class today watching Sense and Sensibility. And now we're not. Boo. Now I have to go home and watch an Alan movie. I'm totally back into him. And now I have to decide if $16.99 is too much to spend for three frickin' lines and maybe some special features (but probably not because nobody realizes his brilliant talant and scathing wit). I don't think so. I coughed up $24.99 for Something the Lord Made. And that was really just a gift for Imladris and Mary, who were afforded the inestimable pleasure of seeing Alan actually in a wheelchair.


In plantar fasciitis news (it the ligament in your foot, Mary...), I am now a beacon of foot care, with supportive insoles, an arch bandage that seems to think its fun to cut off the circulation to my toes, and I've spent like an hour pulling on my foot with a towel. And hanging off of a stair to stretch my calf muscles (actually, I had to do both of those when I was little for horseback riding). And I bought a stairmaster (well, I used my mom's credit card, but still...) so I'm stuck using the archaic stationary bike until it arrives in a week or two. Bugger. This was before the advent of the cushy supportive seats. I have a bruised backside, and it's only been a day. And I can't figure out how long is a good time to ride. I'm sticking with five miles. I think that's plenty. Imladris is trying her very hardest to have a look of sympathy on her face, but I think mainly she's pleased that she has the treadmill to herself whenever she wants it. :P

I need to go to my non-Alan-infused class, but I'm going to put something up on my other blog later, okay??? Ciao!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your icons....toooooo cute!! Glad your foot is feeling better and yeah you got a stairmaster...you have such a nice Mom!!!!:):):) I have a treadmill, but I need the drive to go use it.....what is your secret to really using the machines????? We had a stationery bike with a bad bad seat one time.....it went bye bye fast!!!!!

CMT said...

No, the look of pleasure seeping into the compassion-soaked glint I was trying very hard to maintain was really more out of glee at buying a STAIRMASTER (!)

rockford said...

The icons are great!!! And you do have a wonderful mom, don't you:) I hope the stairmaster is everything everyong hopes it to be - it sure looks like fun - but then again, it is exercise...sorry about the seat on the bike - I think the bike is older than you are!!!! thanks for updating - these are such fun to read!!!!:)