Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Various and Sundry Complaints

First, I finally updated my other blogs. Yes, I am awesome.

I'm pretty much PO'd at school in general right now. Okay, that's not entirely true. Just one class. We're doing this fake trial thing to show everybody how the Supreme Court works. I know how the Supreme Court works. I'm very clear on that, actually. And if anybody else isn't, they can read a freakin' book. I don't really think that we need to devote three weeks of our lives to it. Bugger. At least I got to be a justice. I don't have to talk. Yayness.

I guess this is better when we spent a week doing this little exercise to show us how Parliament works. I have a couple of problems with this. 1.) We don't have a Parliament. 2.) I know how Parliament works. It's pretty simple. Like us except with gay-looking robes occasionally and various accents depending on what country you're in. Not too difficult. 3.) If we'd all like to become clearer on this subject, read a book. They're out there.

At least we're doing the United States Supreme Court. And not Belarus or something.

Other classes going well, though. In art we did a little Vermeer thing, and talked about Girl with a Pearl Earring. I was the only one who'd seen the movie, and when she asked me waht I though of it, it was very hard for me not to go, "Um, I kind of was only paying attention to Colin Firth. I don't actually know the rest of the story. He was in love with an eighteen-year-old. That's enough for me to buy the DVD." That would have just been embarrassing.

Finally finished Six Wives, like a year and a half after I bought it. Awesome book. It's very rare that a book can be almost eight hundred pages and you don't feel like it's too long. David Starkey is a wonderful author. Anne Boleyn was really a crazy, wasn't she? Her big problem that she showed Henry and his court exactly what you needed to do to get rid of a queen. And then she got pissed off when they turned around and did it to her. For someone who was supposed so calculated, it doesn't seem like she really followed this scenario through to completion, does it?

Well, faithful readers, I'm late for Latin, but everybody should watch TV tonight. New Lost, Criminal Minds, and CSI:NY. Whoo!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see you as a justice.....you would be great on the suprene court!!! Not to worry....tv will be watched tonight...way toooooo much on tonight...I need 5 tapes and a live tv!!!!!:):):) Enjoy your shows!!!!!

CMT said...

I don't know about you, but I would LOVE some more information on the Belarus Supreme Court.

rockford said...

And the new Lost was NOT tedious, was it!!!!! I could even understand this one and I think that is a first!!!!

mi_morena said...

Well, Imladris, the Belarus Supreme Court is actually in the process of deciding the presidential "election"...I use that term loosely because an actual election is something that the ex-soviet republics cannot seem to grasp. Apparently somebody cheated somebody...oh, the drama...