Monday, May 08, 2006

Aphotic


My word of the day e-mail. Couldn't think of a title.

Finals taken: 2
Finals Failed: 2
Finals Left: 2
Finals I Care About: 0
Percent of me that cares about anything that doesn't involve me and a pillow anymore: 3%



It's finals week!! And do you know how I studied??? Well, Saturday I went out for coffee. And then I drank mint juleps and watched The Kentucky Derby. On Sunday I saw two movies and spent the evening marveling at the unbelievably amazing hotness acting of Kiefer Sutherland on 24. And then I watched Grey's Anatomy (see update). I did not look at the little review sheety thingies until this morning. When I was cursing at them. I am such a bad student. But you know that point you get to where you don't care anymore??? Yeah. I passed that last Thursday. I'm kind of not even sad anymore. Now I just want to get out, get a job, and get on with life.


Le anyhoodles, M:I:III did really poorly this weekend. Like $48 million poorly. I think it was mainly Tom. Except that I, who is decidedly on the opposing side of almost any debate involving Tom, was able to like him in this movie. I think it's because God genetically engineered women to love him, and unless he's really doing something to piss me off I automatically revert to liking, or at least not being repulsed by, him. Oh well, I did my part and saw it yesterday-not because of Tom but because I have a feeling that my Inner Pop-Culture Whore would have eaten me from the inside out if I didn't let her see it. If she wasn't such a good Catholic she'd be on this Da Vinci Code thing just because everybody else likes it (did anybody else see SNL this weekend??? Opie299...so funny. We love Tom Hanks. We are going to marry his son and run a very profitable wedding planning business off of all of his rich friends. But that's probably a whole other entry.)

It was quite good, lots of pretty people and things and go Boom, but I got really car sick during it. I don't know if it was because I hadn't eaten since that morning or what, but I was really dizzy by the end. And the girlfriend/fiancee/wife was incredibly annoying. Twenty minutes in I was just like, "Yeah, whatever. Put one in her head, Capote." And Philip Seymour Hoffman is way more intimidating when he doesn't sound like Jerry Lewis.

Also saw RV this weekend. Yeah, that would totally be us. Daddy could take out the fence. I've seen him drive a boat traier. It's scary.



Kentucky Derby was on this weekend- yay!!! I don't care how far removed from my little horseback riding stage, I will always love racing. Barbaro won, which was completely good because he was trained by the guy who saved a bunch of little kids from a burning plane. Awww... We were rooting for him. Well, we would have been happy about the Lewis horse winning, too, but that obviously didn't happen.

Then we watched Seabiscuit because ABC was totally capitalizing on the Derby and was showing it at night. Oh. *tear* That is simply the best movie ever made. I'm kind of sad it wasn't released in a year with like nothing else because it could have taken best picture. I always end up crying during the last race when Tobey McGuire is going doing the broken speech, so good. So good. We loves Seabiscuit.


I am now the proud owner of Season 2 of CSI. You know, before the creature crawled onto Nick's face and died. For only $11.50. How great a bargain shopper am I???

Going to go make artwork flashcards. Fun.

3 comments:

rockford said...

The attitude has slipped just a tad, huh??? "finals I care about:0" that sums up your feelings about now???? You are sitting and making little art flashcards as I type so you must care a tiny bit!!!! The Derby was great fun - alway love the first weekend in May....I was happy with Barbaro although there were a few this year that I would have been happy with - the Lewis horse or Brother Derek...they all had stories riding with them that were more than worthy of a win - now that barbaro won by such a distance I'm hoping for a triple crown - what do you think???? Good luck on the rest of your tests and congrats on being almost finished!!!!

CMT said...

Awwwwww Seabiscuit...yay for CSI!

Anonymous said...

Wow....it is probably good the school year is coming to an end:):):)....hope you get to see your pillow soon!!!!! Oh I reallllly want to see RV...it looks sooooooo great!!! Enjoy your CSI shows.....:):):)