Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lupe greatly appreciates the washing machine

She was sans washer for three days. She was not pleased.

Well, children, I am officially out of high school, officially employed, and officially have nothing to do all summer except haul myself to aformentioned employment twenty hours a week. Which should not be too stressful, as they give me a lovely discount. As curious about the discount as I am, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't open with that...



Anyhoodles, I'm also done with school. While I was a little upset when I left yesterday morning, I felt significantly less melancholy when I came home and drowned my sorrows in fund raiser kringle that my sister brought home because she feels compelled to support every single cause and CSI DVDs (purchased for fifty five dollars less than the suggested retail price. I rock.). I'm a simple girl, really.

So kind of just lounged yesterday. Well, really, I took a nap because I was so exhausted. I haven't napped since I was three. I must have been really tired. And then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner- YAY!!!! Lots and lots and lots of food. And lots and lots of leftovers.

Raced home in just enough time for CSI:NY...oh my freakin' gosh. Look for a post on this later on today- doing nothing takes a lot out of you, ya know. My Inner Shipper was thrilled that they all went out for drinks. My Inner Pop-Culture Whore wants to go out for drinks with them too. Sadly, the more intelligent part of me agrees. She thinks that would be da bomb. Yes, she also realizes that "da bomb" went out six years ago. She doesn't care.


So I'm kind of loving this summer schedule thing (especially since it's pouring rain and 47 degrees, thus negating the possibility of having to wear short sleeves or *gasp* shorts). I took my sister to school, went back to bed, leisurely did my little bike/treadmill time while watching Ellen on Oxygen, and then made coffee in time for Regis and Kelly. And the best part? This goes on for four months!!! I go back on September 5th, as in five days short of four months from yesterday. Oh, I do love my life.


So, you ask, what is going on in the world of pop culture??? Well, Ashley Simpson might have gotten a nose job but she sure as hell isn't telling us about it. Yeah. Ashley, honey, unless they did it to try to make your voice better, this won't help your career. Pieces of Me was catching and I'm ashamed to say I love it, but it's over now. Let it go.


*gasp* H does so have more than one face!!!


Before I go off to do ...oh, nothing, this is quite interesting and annoying because it shows you exactly how much you do not know. Bugger, right??? Well, except for me, who got sixteen out of twenty (including the CSI one, natch).

Finally, explanation on the new name- obviously, it's the first line from Pride and Prejudice. As much as I agree with the last one, and as devoted to Tolstoy as I am, I think this one is better. I feel the need for an icon to commemorate it...


Have a good day, everybody!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah out of HS and employed....and relaxing....and a wash machine...and cool temps....wow you just have it alllllllll:):):)...yes I think Ashlee had a nose job because it was always a really ugly nose and now it is just kinda ugly....what can I say those Simpson's are wayyyyyyyyy overrated:):):):)...oh the Cheesecake Factory...yum what can I say:):):).....also what can I say about CSI-NY....wow!!!!!!...keep blogging with all your free time!!!:):):)

CMT said...

...that a single man of good fortune must be in want of a wife.

Sorry. Just luv the title.

She shouldn't have had a nose job, even though it seemed to be the course of action our aunt was most in favor of. It would have been much cheaper (and less painful) to stand on a street corner in stillettos and fishnets screaming "MY PARENTS WERE OBSESSED WITH MY OLDER SISTER AND THAT'S WHY I HATE MYSELF".

I want to have beers with the CSI: NY crew. Badly.

And give it up - H has one face and hundreds of sunglasses. Not that I don't love him half to death. But range is not the man's strong point. Ass-kicking is.

rockford said...

All in one day -- talk about jumping into "adulthood"!!!! Leaving high school and getting a job - I do not know about you but this is almost too much for me to take!!!! I am so very happy for you and so very proud of you!!!! Congrats!!!!! Choc Factory was really a great time and oh so tasty!!! I am so glad that we were able to do it and that you enjoyed it!!! Thant's what it is all about!! Hopefully a good helping of cheesecake helped to make you significantly less melancholy!! Enjoy your free time - it is just a wonderful thing isn't it!!! Have fun and thanks for updating - love your blog entries!!!!