Friday, May 19, 2006

My Inner Pop-Culture Whore is Tired

She has been watching emotionally draining season/series finales all week. She now realizes that she needs to spend the summer with real people. Except they're generally not as attractive as fake ones. And not armed either. Which really spices up her dramas...



Anyhoodles, Is this like a thing now??? Eh, if I could go from sushi waitress to my own island I'd probably marry Nicolas Cage too. Even with the freaky-ass mustache he sports in World Trade Center. I'm not a proud person.


Just thought I'd toss a little political statement in here. Spice things up.


Imladris is off bridging. We're so not good Girl Scouts. I somehow failed when my mom was the leader, and Imladris made it to high school without ever having bridged. Yeah. We kind of suck at most group activities. I think I was the first person to get kicked out of 4H.


I'm sitting here listening to my iPod, again on the computor with iTunes. Sill cool. I'm buying a thingy so I can play it in the car---yayness!!! I cannot begin to afford the iHome base that has an alarm clock and gradual alarms (no idea what that is, but doesn't it sound cool???), so I'm asking for that for my birthday. Also have convinced myself that I need an armband. Yeah. Even though I do next to no exercise. That's okay. I'm okay with myself. ;)



I think I shall go make garlic bread and watch CSI reruns on Spike. I am now a slut for CSI:Vegas. Wait. That came out wrong.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I hear you...as I am reading your blog I am watching the finale of Conviction....so far so good!!!! This is by the Law and Order people.......oh garlic bread and CSI....doesn't get much better than that.....VEGAS is still my #1 CSI group......but I do love them alllllllll:):):):)....sounds like the ipod is fun.....glad you like it:):):):)

CMT said...

HEY! I totally bridged into Brownies.

Oh. Republican girls SO are hotter.

And you'd marry Nicolas Cage if the only thing he had to his name was a rusty van with a pop-top trailer attached.

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Do not feel bad about the whole 4H thing. I believe I was the first elected officer in Junior Achievement history to ever be impeached.Politics is like that I guess.Somehow I survived. The interesting thing about my whole JA experience is that I ended up semi dating a girl who was semi related to me and caused my mother to have a semi stroke. Life was a lot simpler back then.

CMT said...

SEMI RELATED?????? Omg, that sounds like a LOT of years' therapy to undo.

rockford said...

I love the "oportune moment" icon -- that was such a great part of the movie.....what a movie.....how many times was it????? Just joking!!!! What's with Nicolas Cage - he owns an island too??? You are destined for your own island my dear!!!! It is rather funny that we were kicked out of 4H and not allowed to rejoin without special permission!!!! We are group losers but we are happy folk!!!! Enjoy your real people this summer - they are less dependable though, aren't they????

rockford said...

BYW I also need the semi-related story:)!!!!!!!

Racergirl179 said...

e-mail me that republican girls icon