Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Sexiest Baby in the World

The birth of the chosen one. According to the prophysies, baby Shiloh will one day lead our people into battle with the as-yet-unseen Death Spawn. Scary times ahead, folks, scary times.

Seriously. Shiloh? I used to ride a horse named Shiloh. It wasn't even a pretty horse. Not that this kid's gonna be hurting for looks. Unless both her parents considerable sexiness gets canceled out by the others. Which would be tragic. She'll still be rich, though.

Okay, I'm totally stealing this from Imladris, but I was a bad Catholic this morning. My mind was totally wandering during Mass. Personally, I think it was an exceptionally boring one, though, so I'm not sure I can be blamed for it all.

8:31~ I'm fat. Why does Imladris look so cute??? Why did we both wear pink? We need to uncoordinate our outfits the night before from now on.

8:32~Who is this saying Mass??? Oh. Right. Nice guy who gave Mom Communion in hospital. Damn. He was more interesting then. Or maybe I was just paying attention.

8:33~ Is Mary here? There's Mary. We should do something this weekend. Except I don't really feel like paying for her. Oooh. Are we doing the parade tomorrow? I like the parade. Except I don't really like parades in general. And I don't like getting up early. And it's going to be freakishly warm. Hmmm. Maybe I don't want to go to parade. But the parade always brings up warm fuzzy feelings. Why is that?

8:36~ Why do we never get sprinkled with Holy Water back here??? So not fair. If you put a little arm into it, Padre, things might go a little better.

8:40~ Wow. Seriously, a reading just went by???

8:40:30~ Ooh, pretty psalm. Wonder if I have the energy to pick up the book.

8:41~ Mmmm. Johnny.

8:45~ Damn. Another one?!?!??!?!?! Okay, seriously gonna listen to the gospel.

8:50~ *listens to gospel* Is my hair too big? It's awfully frizzy.

8:55~ Homily. Oh good. *surreptitiously looks at bulletin* Tee-hee. Funny picture of regular priest circa 1975.

8:56~ That's not nice. How's my hair???

9:00~ Ew. Icky thing on Imladris's foot. *amuses self looking at said icky thing for five minutes*

9:05~ Wow, creed time already???

9:05:30~ Nicene is a fun word to say.

9:10~ Kneel. Make sure don't have any unsightly back rolls as people are standing in the Narthex.

9:11~ Wonder if my iPod has enough juice to get home. 16 hours of play time my ass. I wonder if I'll have enough time to charge it before we go out on the boat. Wait. Are we going out on the boat? That would be fun. But there's a whole lot of work and Mommy gets all Nazi on our asses and Daddy gets overconfident and there's always the possiblity of ending up in the lake. Maybe not so fun.

9:13~ Boat would still be fun.

9:15~ I actually did pay attention during the Consecration. I'm not a heathen. :)

9:18~ Am I going to Communion with frizzy hair??? Seriously. Am I???

9:25~ Final blessing. I did bow my head and pray for God's blessing, especially since my mind wandered all through Mass. I figured it was the least I could do.

9:27~ Ew. Don't like this song.

I'm such a bad person.


In case you were really on the edge of your seat there, I did make plans with Mary, my iPod made it home, I had time to charge it, we did not go out on the boat (my partying parents are upstairs---asleep), and I checked my hair on the way home and it was a little frizzy but not awful. And I'm assuming Imladris got the icky thing off the bottom of her shoe. :)


Mac's hosting the Memorial Day Concert tonight on PBS!!! Snaps for politically active Mac.

3 comments:

CMT said...

OK, Id would like to point out that the icky thing was not in fact on my foot, it was on my SHOE.

OK. Now that you all know I don't have freaky growths on my body, we can continue.

OMG I know about the Holy Water!!! Why does it never hit me?????????? I have to stop getting my hopes up.

Oh. Nice Hospital Priest.

I'm bored.

Anonymous said...

GREAT blog....yeah can you believe "Shiloh"....what were they thinking???????????...the kid could get the bad features only of each....that could be ugly!!!!!!! I love your mass breakdown....it is great....but I am sure you looked much better than you think!!!:):):):) Glad all your things turned out OK in the end:):):)

Anonymous said...

friggin' update