Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Nocternal Adventures

The bugs are out to get me.

I have a thing about flying bugs. They disturb me significantly more than crawling ones. Like I can probably let a spider sit in the corner as long as I glance over occasionally and make sure he's actually still in his corner. Not so with a fly. The fly must die.

Last night's perpetrator was a mosquito. A mosquito that looked like it sucked some Northern Ukrainian blood circa 1986. Dude was massive. And it was clearly trying to hurt me.

I couldn't sleep, so I got up about midnight and was reading in bed when I see It. Hovering above me on the ceiling. I thought it was a spider at first because it was so big, but then I ralized it was flying. Which spiders kind of don't do. So I freak out and get up on my bed with a shoe to try to kill it.
...
...
...

Twenty minutes later, It is clearly toying with me by seeking shelter in the fan thing and emerging only to taunt me as if to say, "Ha. Just wait until you go to sleep..." I tried turning on the light in the hall to draw him out, but he was too crafty for that. I gave up, and just pulled my quilt over my head so that there was no skin available for him to possibly bite. (Oh. It was ninety degrees with REALLY high humidity yesterday.)
...
...
...

Three hours later I awaken in a swamp. Okay, so I'm technically still in bed, but it feels like a swamp. I'm literally soaked in sweat, my pajamas (the incredibly sexy big t-shirt and five-dollar athletic shorts variety :P) are actually sticking to me. The mosquito is now using the unbelievably high humidity and the utter lack of any air movement to torture me even further. It's a smart mosquito.

And I couldn't even find him to kill him. But I knew one thing. It was on.

It was still in my room this morning. But the night's festivities had dulled his instincts, and I was able to kill him. Ha. And now there is a little streak of mosquito guts across my ceiling. I consider it a badge of honor.

Imladris has informed my that Anderson Cooper is, in fact, one of the Vanderbilts. As in mansion, University, never have to work again a day in your life. I just got way more interested in My Super Sweet 16.

Started work today. Snaps for me. I didn't completely screw up or anything. And I found out about the employee discount. Oh. It's good. It's very good. Plus tips. Woot.

I can't believe they let her go. Maybe the other women in the cell begged the guards to save them from the Evil Mannish Bitch.

I'm such a dork. I watch five solid hours of CSI yesterday. Oh the joys of Memorial Day.

I need something summer reading like, okay??? Like The Historian last year. Something totally good and intriguing and preferably really long. Because the Brothers Karamazov is getting a little dry. I can't keep Alyosha and Smerdykov straight anymore.


1 comment:

CMT said...

How was I completely not aware of the Chernobyl flie? It must have been the vino I had the night before.

Yay for starting work!!!