Monday, May 22, 2006

Broken Ankles and Upside Down Ships


Major horse racing problems this weekend, kiddos. So sad. I hope things go well for him, 'cuz it would really be a shame to have to put him down. And I was already emotionally invested in the Preakness---I get emotional about all horse races, really. I don't know what it is- I'm obviously over that whole horse thing, I haven't kept up with the races in five years, and while I still ride it's like twice a year not as often as I used to. But horses, and racing in particular, were such a huge part of my life that for some reason will just not die. Seriously. Although I have no more allusions of jockeying grandeur (despite what the My Home State considers my weight to be courtesy of my drivers license, there's no way in hell we'd get in under that 126 mark with a saddle and everything), and eleven months of the year pass without me giving racing much thought, I get totally into the triple crown. Maybe because I've never seen one. Seriously. Somebody has got to win that thing eventually. It's been like thirty years.




Super amazingly good CSI: Miami/NY repeats last night. I should not be this excited about repeats. But I am!!!! This is what I thought about them when they first aired six months ago. We lurve the ending. Snaps for pissy Mac.


I don't. I prefer to make my perverts work harder. And no, that's not me. I told you, you have to work harder!!!

Saw Poseidon yesterday with Imladris and The Boy, and, I don't know, maybe I'm just like freakishly easy to please or something, but I thought it was quite good. It wasn't too long, it was very fast-paced but never overtly cheesy (once you get past the fact that they're on an upside-down boat), and it had Rebecca Giles from Bridget Jones 2 plus like twenty-five pounds. We love that part. I'm such a vindictive bitch.

Emmy Rossum plays a vapid pretty girl who swims in this. Which is a stretch for her, as she is probably most well-known for her POTO role where she plays a vapid pretty girl who sings. Or Day After Tomorrow where she plays a vapid pretty girl who...wait. What does she do in that movie??? Okay, but she pretty much sucks. And, gotta admit, that made me feel a Little Bit Good About Myself.

Isn't it amazing how only the people who you know are gonna look really good wet escaped??? And then they killed all the minorities. Even "Stacy Ferguson", who is apparently too good to go by Fergie anymore but...um...kind of plays herself. Yeah. And actually quite moving/upsetting, actually. Maybe I'm going through a maternal stage or something, but everything with the little boy upset me.

Some of the dialogue was a teensy bit funny, though. "I'm an architect. These ships weren't made to float upside down." No shit. I'm just an architect's daughter and I figured that one out.

OMG, JOSH LUCS- SOOOOOOO HOT. MUST GET TO HIM BEFORE IMLADRIS TURNS 18. (Don't want to get her too upset, though, lest she break out the Ken dolls again.) WANT HIM SOOOO MUCH!!!! Good acting, too.

Well, my icons stoppped working, so I guess this is the end of the post. I don't feel like not having icons...enjoy TV tonight- six and half hours of season finale goodness!!!

5 comments:

rockford said...

Six and half hours of season finale goodness---how will you fit that into a 3 hour time slot???? I know what you mean about Barbaro and racing in general - while I am far from a horsewoman you know what a soft place I have in my heart for them - especially for one little fjord.....We all hope for the best for Barbaro but now they are saying it could be months before any specific news of his recovery - poor michael matz must be just a wreck....go for that 126 - who will question....you can still be a jockey except that your mother would be way too worried....

CMT said...

Oh snap bitch. Do you want to throw down over this????? You can have everyone else. Take Gerry. Take the Flackster. Maybe I'll even throw in Wolfe...or not. But Josh Lucas is MINE *snarls* You know you lurrrv Nic Cage with the 'stache...

Racergirl179 said...

The first thing I though of when I was watching the race was the '99 Belmont Stakes. I totally flashed back to Charismatic and the '99 derby.I hope he pulls through the operation. I totally though he could have won the Tripple Crown this year. I was really rooting for him.

Anonymous said...

OH YEAH HOPE THE PONY IS OK!!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT RACING BUT I LOOOOOOOOVE ANIMALS:):):):)......YOU KNOW I AM A VEGITARIAN....A VERY BAD ONE, BUT ONE INDEED!!!!!! OMG...I HAVE ALREADY SEEN TONIGHTS SHOWS!!!!...WON'T COMMENT SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT PART OF THE 6 HOURS YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN....BUT WHAT I SAW WAS VERY VERY GOOOOOOD!!!!! LOVE THE MAC ICON:):):)

John T Jurkiewicz said...

The integrity of the triple crown will remain intact for yet another year, thank goodness. I was at Affirmed's Ky Derby win. His total margin of victory over Alydar was a mear neck..... for all three races. I shant forget that amazing call till the day I die as they raced towards the finish line. "Affirmed on the inside, Alydar on the outside...." A few years back when one Smarty Jones, threatened Affirmed's Triple Crown, I sat in hushed anguish, until..... he faded in the stretch. Major sigh of relief.

I do not watch a lot of TV except sports and Sci-Fi so I am not really quite sure what all of the drooling is about. I'll have to take your word for it.