Friday, November 09, 2007

I am NOT a failure at life!!!

So you know that person who got a really good grade in psychology that I was talking about earlier who might have been me? It was! And I'm comfortably in the A/A- average range, which is totally enough for me.

*end of the crazy*

*maybe not*

*we'll see*
Not a whole lot going on. I've been studying. Over fifty images for art history on Wednesday, and another Egypt test on Thursday.

Seriously.

How does he even have time to write these this quickly?

Damn.

Reading, too. I finished One L this morning, and now I'm kind of scared.

Law school has been one of my options since I was in high school. My mom's an attorney, and while she absolutely hated the practice of law, she loved law school. I've always wanted to do it, pretty much to just say I'm a lawyer.

Because I don't, you know, actually want to be one. That's, like, wicked boring.

Unless you're on the Supreme Court or something. But I don't think they let 25-year-old girls with JDs from Marquette Law who have never taken the bar (Rock on, state of Wisconsin and your seriously lax standards!!!) become justices.

Just a thought.

But I've read a couple of books by people who have gone to law school, and I've been hearing my mom's stories my whole life, and DAMN does it sound nerve-wracking.

And if you've been reading since, ooh, the BEGINNING OF THE ENTRY, you'll know I'm a neurotic MESS about EVERYTHING and perhaps this isn't the best idea.

Except I could do it. Not to sound like I'm tooting my own horn or anything, because I am simply a product of my environment and I have NOTHING to do with my moderate academic success (Because if they had left it up to me? I'd probably still be drooling like everybody thought circa 1987), but I'm pretty smart. And I'm pretty good at putting my pretty smart brain to work and getting something that I really want. *

So this could be my extreme sport. No way in hell I'm going to like run or jump or climb a wall or anything, but dammit, I can THINK.

Also, I took Latin and logic. That's gotta count for something. Because I know what habeas corpus and writ of mandamus really MEAN.

And the gender, form, and declension. Yes. I'm a dork.

*Math and science excluded. I'm not a miracle worker.


On a not so intellectual note, who wants to see Jack Bauer put the smackdown on the WGA??? Show of hands?

This made me squeal in the middle of 1960s yesterday. Even though it's not about him. And she may have insinuated that his fan base is old. I don't care. Look at the picture!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What am I missing - josh during 1960's???? the internet works that well when you are bored in class???? Just a little suggestion (if you have not picked this up from your recent readings...) the internet will not be visited during law school classes:) Yes, I loved studying the law but it took a little more concentration than that!!!!! you SO could do law school!!!! but you are right - the practice gives boring new meaning - but law school itself was just great - I'd love to do it again - but you get SO worried about grades and that is such a way of life in law school with everything riding on one test.....

Anonymous said...

you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i always kew that:):):) don't you just love Chuck!!!!!!