Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tales from a Retail Nightmare

In the eight hours I worked today, people did the following:

-Asked me if I was expecting a boy or a girl. I was so shocked and didn't want to get into a whole thing where he'd feel badly, so I blurted out, "It's going to be a surprise." A big one. Because I'm decidedly not pregnant. I would have felt really badly about my shirt if two people hadn't complimented me on it earlier. So in my head I just looked earthy and fecund.

-Told me, dead seriously, that they've been using Motherpeace Tarot cards for years, and they can't imagine using anything else. Um. Okay.

-Called to ask what the store next to us was called. When I replied with one of the major electronics chains in the country, they asked me to SPELL IT. Two works. Seven letters. Show on NBC. Not tough.

Yep. I was having such a bad day that I considered buying a $30 book about John and Caroline Kennedy just so I wouldn't have to figure out how to put it on a packed shelf.


I think I'm sick. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

- a surprise.....tooo funny

- tarot cards...did you really keep from laughing????

- spell it...:):):):)

- that is a bad day when you need to buy the merchandise to find a place to put it....

- i hope you really aren't sick...i know you had a bad day but it made for a great blog:):):)