Monday, November 19, 2007

I taste blood in my mouth.

That's weird. There's no reason for it. It's freaking me out.

Also freaking me out? The fact that The Boy just finished his homework and he and the parentals WON'T STOP YELLING ABOUT IT. Gah. I'm moving out.

So I watched The Weather Underground today for 1960s, and I was totally planning on watching it like I'd watched (and I use that term loosely) the previous videos, which mostly involved fastforwarding an a lot of staring at the wall and naming my future children, but I got completely drawn in.


Damn.

They were crazy. When the freaking BLACK PANTHERS are all, "Whoa, man. You've got to step off and calm down," you know you have a problem.


Also? I'm pretty sure that my mom's friend used to belong to them. Because she looks just like a woman in the movie. And it freaks me out.


My favorite part? When they go, "We didn't do it, but we dug it." Oh. Real nice. Fancy rhetoric like that's gonna start a revolution!!!


Do you know what ended the movement? They all grew up. No, really. They realized that being an adult and paying taxes and taking care of their families (they all had them, after the apparently prevalent orgyness going on, but I digress) was way more important than being CRAZY. It kind of made me feel god about myself.


You wanna know something sad? I got home from classes today, and by the time I'd dropped people off at work, cleaned the house, done homework, ran errands, and folded the laundry, I sat down and looked at my shoes and thought, "Hmmm. I could put on better shoes and go out like a normal person." And then I thought, "Eh. That's a lot of work."

So I suck. Hope you had a good birthday, Sarah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol....about the homework....was it good yelling or bad yelling??????? Some nights everyone just needs to take off their shoes and crash....nothing wrong with that:):):)

Anonymous said...

Well, if you Dad had not been ERASING the poor child's homework!!!!!....Yeah, my friends were all members of undergroud groups - we just shopped at the limited to confuse people.....too much laundry and housework - where is your mother????