Friday, November 02, 2007

Reasons To Not Get Dressed In the Dark

When you get downstairs, you will realize that you have a random curl sticking out the back of your head, there are deodorant marks down your side, and you've somehow managed to get hair product between your boobs.

Also? When you get to class and see that TA Who is Way Hotter Than Regular TA With The Aggressive Hair and Wedding Ring is subbing? You'll be really glad you wiped the deodorant off. And that you took the time to wear lipstick.

It was fun. Except he talked way too fast and I was getting dizzy, but still. Also he looks like Christ. And I need to go throw up.

We kicked Team Uhh's ass on the action potential. Totally.

Was slightly inappropriate when Nadia, Claire, and I broke out into fits of uncontrollable giggles when the girl sitting next to us goes, "Oh, I've been drinking," as the quizzes were being handed out.

Hahaha.

Drinking.

She looked drunk too.


Imladris stayed home today because...well...it's Friday??? I don't know. I don't ask anymore.

Anyway, she used her time by applying to colleges, something that I avoided like the freaking plague until the last possible minute, but I digress. One of the schools she selected was University of Dayton, a beautiful private college in (duh) Dayton.

It's also my grandfather's alma mater, and that got us talking about his academic record.

My grandfather is brilliant. He was a chemical engineer, worked on Project Manhattan doing something with uranium (I'm too stupid to know what it is), and still, at 91 years old, knows far more about chemistry than I ever will. He also had the highest scores to date when he graduated from UD in 1939.

And I'm just wondering when in the genetic process did the neurons stop firing?

Because my mom is pretty smart, graduated magna cum laude from law school, and well, Mickey can come up with inventive accounting plans to get her back to Vegas, which takes some brains.

My generation?

Not so much with the setting the academic world on fire. If you read the beginning of the post, I CAN'T DRESS MYSELF.

Evidenced by the fact that I'm updating and ignoring the psychology notes sitting on my desk.

So thanks, Grandpa. Would it have killed you to toss a little of the freakishly bright genes our way? You know, with the crazy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks.....as I was reading this and you were mentioning all the brains in the family ...I assumed I would not be mentioned in the blog......wow...there I am!!!!!!! Great blog and I'm glad you fixed up before seeing the hot ta!!!!:):):)