Monday, November 05, 2007

Conversations With My Father

My dad came to my door last night when I was half asleep and goes,

"How many credits are you taking?"

"Um...18," (do you not read the blog, father dear?)

"When is your estimated or actual date of graduation?"

"May 2010..."

"Okay. Good night."

It was an insurance thing. Which made way more sense in the morning.


Physiological psychology test? Just as bad as I thought it would be.

And now I'm a little bit sad and even a little bit more scared to check D2L for my grade because I really don't want to see it. Really, really not. It is significantly more difficult to bury one's head in the sand when you have a large red percentage glaring at you from your monitor.

Is that just my crazy?

And 1960s shouldn't go too well tomorrow, either, because I've totally blown off studying for that in favor of being so ridiculously well-prepared for psych that it KICKED MY ASS, so yeah.

I'm back to living in a box.

I am not amused. This is a ridiculous strike over nonexistent issues (Want to be a real writer? Try STARVING and BEING A WAITRESS.), and it pisses me off. Wait. Does this mean no CSI? No Pushing Daisies?

Oh.

My.

God.

No HIMYM.

*is dead*

I know!!! I'll write it!!! I was on the school newspaper for a semester and always get A's on my papers! And I certainly know the characters! Please, Powers that Be, let me write it!!!

ETA: I just thought of something. Maybe this is God's way of giving me more time for studying. In which case, they should have struck (struck? striked?) earlier, because now they're scheduled to run out of new episodes during Christmas break. Grr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tahink that you have found the perfect solution to the strike -- you should write the scripts!!!! You would not have to live in that box you speak of and the shows would be WAY better than they are!!!! And do you know your characters!!!! ....:( Sorry about the psych test - maybe it will not be as bad as you are thinking.....:).....so glad you are keeping up on this daily posting schedule!!!! So HAPPY!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes you could be a great tv writer....you could be a great anything writer.......love the blog as usual.....